Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigabyte support

Options
  • 18-01-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone know where you can get support for Gigabyte motherboards? Specifically a furom. On the official site I only seem to be able to drivers, manuals etc. but no forum.

I bought an nForce 430 based board with RAID 5 and I can't get windows to install on the RAID 5 partition. It keeps hanging during copying (in bluescreen mode) at about 20-23% and when I reboot the RAID array is damaged and one of the three drives has been seperated out into it's own array.

Cheers if you can help,
    Kevpatts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

That sounds more like one of the hard disks is faulty

I have some experience with raid and if its dropping a hard disk out of the array then it is due to parity errors.

Have you run any diagnostics on the hard disks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

I haven't run any diagnostics on them. What diagnostices can I run before installing Windows? All three drives are brand new out of their boxes.

Does it matter which ports I have them connected to? I think I have them in 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2.

Advertisement