Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunphy

• 18-01-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Just for anyone that does not know, Eamonn Dunphy has a website: www.dunphyTV.com

Its pretty good if you want to see what he has to say on a weekly basis, also has the latest news as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

why oh why would anyone want to knew what that plonker has to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

He is a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Whatever you do, don't trust his football bets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I like Dunphy. RTE's match analysis would be so dull and boring without him.

BTW, did anyone ever read his book, "Only A Game"? I've started it and so far its a really good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I have the book...never read it though. I'm not a massive reader, and when I got it the same year as Keane's autobiography, it got lost in the mix.

Might give it a shot, what is he generally getting at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

DSB wrote: »
    He is a good laugh.

Definitly. I almost find I'm discussing him more than the actual match half the time

He is good for what he does. Sure he goes off on rants about nothing(most of the time) but he is must watch tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ah its a good time waster of a website. Spoofer of the week!! :D Just watched afew of his videos there, he has really backtracked on his view of Cristiano "The Viper" Ronaldo ;) considering he was the orignal spoofer if Im not mistaken!

Its hilarious how he completely changed his mind.

Despite having the charachter to score a penalty to knock England out of World cup

Despite destroying Roma

Despite scoring loads of goals last season

Despite a lot of assists last season

it is only now he concedes that Ronaldo is a player, never mind a great player. The logic that Dunphy has now out of nowhere received a revelationt that Ronaldo is a top player, does not seem to add up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Surprised that he is still working, if he was a man of his word he would have quit when liverpool became champions of europe.

Biggest band wagon jumper in years, just says something a bit outrageous every now again and comes in drunk every now and again, then changes his mind when he looks like he got it wrong and makes out like that was his view all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah dunphy is a pure spoofer but it makes for entertaining viewing.its only a game is a good read its up there with the best of footballer books defo worth a look its basically a diary of one of his last seasons playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Prep4trYNj4

This was the funniest thing ever seen on rte. "He's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".. "You started it!" CLASSIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sometimes i love him.

sometimes i despise him.

but he is entertaining, sometimes he crosses the line though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Mad_Max wrote: »

This was the funniest thing ever seen on rte. "He's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".. "You started it!" CLASSIC

Pure gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Its hilarious how he completely changed his mind.

Despite having the charachter to score a penalty to knock England out of World cup

Despite destroying Roma

Despite scoring loads of goals last season

Despite a lot of assists last season

it is only now he concedes that Ronaldo is a player, never mind a great player. The logic that Dunphy has now out of nowhere received a revelationt that Ronaldo is a top player, does not seem to add up.

In fairness to Dunphy, Ronaldo did flop big time against Milan last season.

I agree that his treatment of Ronaldo has been OTT but I think last season Ronaldo had a fair few off moments and was worthy of some criticism for that. I think this season Ronaldo's really turned things up a notch and thus any criticism of him now would be ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dunphy for Taoiseach. I honestly can't get enough of the guy. He's the best source of entertainment going and an essential when watching a game. No other station could ever match the dream team of Bill-Dunphy-Giles-Brady.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No other station could ever match the dream team of Bill-Dunphy-Giles-Brady.

I agree 100%.

I love how when Bill thinks he has asked an amazing quesion he folds his arms and sits back in his chair and starts to swing around a bit in it.

Then Brady will say, "Bill that was a stupid question, are you being serious"

Then Dunphy will just say something crazy but funny.

Then Giles depending if he is in a light hearted mood or grumpy mood will be a bit more diplomatic than either Brady or Dunphy and try and comfort Bill and say it wasn't that bad of a question after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rte put the analysis on podcasts and they have millions of english fans tuning in to listen to it because they are honest (dunphy especially) and they are tired of the biased english one! without dunphy giles and brady we wouldnt have apres match, so we have to thank them for that! :D

this is what everyone thinks of dunphy: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=64wnwzhYMe4&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Dunphy is a drunken, opinionated, biased, abrasive, aggressive, petty short sighted man who uses his media outlets to air his own immature greviances and vendettas.

The man is a ****ing legend :D As Unearthly said, sometimes I find myself talking more about the punditry than the actual match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

In fairness to Dunphy, Ronaldo did flop big time against Milan last season.

Yeh like ffs, he only scored one goal against them! **** player.

For the people who actually like Dunphy, and think he's entertaining, has he ever commented on a match that your team was in? Because all he does is attacks people that everybody likes to hate bar their own team players.
    When Liverpool were doing well in the CL, he called them **** in order to get all the non-Liverpool fans to like him.
    When Ronaldo was raping the league last season, he called him **** in order to get all the non-United fans to like him.
    I'm sure he'll find something new to rant about, that people will get sucked in again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He's a f*cking moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

PHB wrote: »
    Yeh like ffs, he only scored one goal against them! **** player.

For the people who actually like Dunphy, and think he's entertaining, has he ever commented on a match that your team was in? Because all he does is attacks people that everybody likes to hate bar their own team players.
    When Liverpool were doing well in the CL, he called them **** in order to get all the non-Liverpool fans to like him.
    When Ronaldo was raping the league last season, he called him **** in order to get all the non-United fans to like him.
    I'm sure he'll find something new to rant about, that people will get sucked in again.

Well, I like Liverpool, as opposed to calling myself a fan. And even if I disagree with him, I nevertheless find it all very entertaining.

I hate Man U for numerous mainly non player related reasons. I also think Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world right now. Again, I enjoy the bizarre putdowns, and Im actually sorry that, from what I hear, its going o be consigned to the past.

Actually you say has he ever commented on am match your team was in. I find it even more entertaining when I am watching punditry about, say, Chelsea and Valencia, and he brings up Ronaldo for no reason whatsoever. Brilliant :D Or how one week I hear him proclaim that Fergie currently has his 3rd great team, and then the next week he contrasts the attitude of Arsenals younger players with that of Man U (obviously a velied Ronaldo reference :D )

Funniest part of any post CL comments is when Dunphy puts on his glasses, either to read a newspaper article or to read stats. When this happens you always know it is about to kick off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mad_Max wrote: »

I like the 'Would ya let him drive the train to Cork Bill?!' when talking about Stan.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I like the 'Would ya let him drive the train to Cork Bill?!' when talking about Stan.

That was a classic!

Advertisement