Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE P08 (Luger) discussion

Options
  • 18-01-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Be good kids :p

Anyone have any questions, pic requests etc just shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

looks good alright, how much was she?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    looks good alright, how much was she?

Thanks. €95 (including postage) got through customs ok, so no extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

sweet one of the lads was looking for one, i'll point him in this direction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Pic's are excellent, I'm not a Luger fan but its great
    to see side by side (or over n'under) pics of the airsoft vs RS.

It will be one for my collection once I start to move onto the older
    style stuff.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have to order one now, feck ye.

• Advertisement

Motosam wrote: »
    I have to order one now, feck ye.

The 4" ones are out of stock on Cobra Motosam :o I sent him a mail about tanaka mags capatability but he never got back to me :confused:

Cheers Bullets, of course you'll have to add a Luger to that collection :D....wouldnt be complete without one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Awesome pictures! :) Great review thumbs up from me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Great review and fantastic pics

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Great review :)

I'd buy one of them for the mags alone. They're a work of art!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

just wow...i dont like lugers at all but for 95 euro thats great value...looks a great piece...great review by the way

• Advertisement

Cheers guys, glad y'all liked it :)

For some reason though I have no immediate urge to shoot it (still havent ordered any gas for it, I assume 134a will do the trick?) its enough fun to play around with, foddle etc without the need for shootin' :p

When I do shoot it I'll edit my review to input that data.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Any joy sourcing a holster or mags?

I ordered a reproduction black hardshell P08 holster off e-bay, cost me €34. Havent looked for mags yet to be honest, still looking for some resonably priced wood grips though, they're pricey! :eek:

Master of the Universe

Hey, will I move that post to your review? They all just get locked now to keep em clean.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hey, will I move that post to your review? They all just get locked now to keep em clean.

Yeah, please o1s1n, that'd be great ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TopperHarley

CROPPY ,
    great review on a nice piece of kit ...
    For the money they are a bargain ......and not too expensive enought to play around with ....if the finish wears off , you can buy the spray on paint finish online it would be a good project to try and refinish when needs be ...
    Grips - ex military/ surplus stock is the best bet re expense .

Cheers Topper :)

I havent sourced any grips yet, they are damn expensive! :eek: Thinking of making my own at some stage, need to get a cheuqering tool though, but until then I aged the plastic ones a little, painted and sealed them, they turned out ok, and a hell of a lot better than the black!

I also messed about with the finish a little, I'll get some pics up later.

Cheers Topper :)

I havent sourced any grips yet, they are damn expensive! :eek: Thinking of making my own at some stage, need to get a cheuqering tool though, but until then I aged the plastic ones a little, painted and sealed them, they turned out ok, and a hell of a lot better than the black!

I also messed about with the finish a little, I'll get some pics up later.

You can find grips on ebay, I was looking at some today.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

I bought one myself after looking at yours. Nice little piece. I'd agree about the grips.

It's a nice little beauty to fire, real crisp action but the hop is way off when you get it. Usually on any pistol I got the hop was at least somewhat decent... it fires steeply upwards. To adjust it you gotta strip and hex key the hop to adjust it. I got no hex key with mine.

Just wondering if you had any issue with the roller on the hammer being loose and falling out of the pistol. It happened to my friends one on the first weekend when we got them and on mine the following weekend (but he fired his a lot more than me).

The pin is very loose and it is likely to happen again and again. It was ok happening in my house but out in the field that piece would be lost.
    if the finish wears off , you can buy the spray on paint finish online it would be a good project to try and refinish when needs be

Why? They look better with a bit of a battle worn look on them though, well that's how I feel about them anyway.

Yep, I had the pin come loose and the roller fall off! :( Its an issue with them, it came off once, but now I check it every so often and if the pin has creeped out a little I slide it back into place using the side plate (as its hard to get your finger in there.

Perhaps 'thread lock' or the likes would sort it?

Cheers for the heads up on the grips Motosam ;)

• Advertisement

Yep, I had the pin come loose and the roller fall off! :( Its an issue with them, it came off once, but now I check it every so often and if the pin has creeped out a little I slide it back into place using the side plate (as its hard to get your finger in there.

Perhaps 'thread lock' or the likes would sort it?

Cheers for the heads up on the grips Motosam ;)

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=105693

New review /\ It mentions the issue with that part falling out, and yes suggests threadlock.

http://ww2aa.proboards45.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=gun&thread=1201456186&page=1

/\ Guiness's review, he does very good ones.

Here's a few pics of my WE P08 now, I done the 'Guinness' technique on the grips, ie painting them :o, they'll do for now, better than black anyway! As for the finish of the gun metal, well, I want to find something better for that.

th_62424_5_122_1181lo.jpgth_62429_4_122_219lo.jpgth_62431_3_122_771lo.jpgth_62437_2_122_399lo.jpg
    th_62442_1_122_353lo.jpg

Nice "weathering" there Croppy.

Interestingly thing my P08 isn't threaded for a silencer like those mentioned in the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks great croppy nice work, link to the guiness method?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I was wondering wheter you got those grips yet alright. Did a good job with the plastic though.

Might give it a go myself when I get my Luger next week. Although I probably will mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

padmundo wrote: »
    Nice "weathering" there Croppy.

Interestingly thing my P08 isn't threaded for a silencer like those mentioned in the reviews.

seen the ones out in mia that have the threaded barrel for a suppressor ,never seen a silenced luger ever ,

Gatling wrote: »
    never seen a silenced luger ever ,

Neither have I! At least my one has the normal barrel with fake rifling.

I squeezed the old silencer off my uber old MP5 SD6 onto the barrel of the luger earlier today to satisfy my curiosity as to what it might look like. It just didn't look right. I'll stick up a picture tomorrow.

I'll stick up a picture tomorrow.

DSC01478Small.JPG

DSC01482Small.JPG

Cheers for the comments guys :). With regard to Guinness's guide to aging and painting the grips, I cant find it! Darn, I cant remember what forum I got it off. Its basically a process of sanding down the grip with very fine, maybe 400 grit sandpaper and giving them a rub of 000 wire wool, just to give the paint a key. Add a few gouges, dents, etc etc with a file, dremel, whatever you think best, but make sure and 'soften' out these gouges with some wire wool as realisticaly over time they would be softened by handling. Also, on mine I sanding down the chequering on the edges of the grips to simulate where the grips would have been handled most.

The paint you use is acrylic, pick and choose as you want, mix different browns, blacks etc to get a color you like best. Add a good coating and wipe down with a rag, so that the paint sits in the low areas of the chequering, let that dry and add another coat, again wipe off excess. By wiping you are exposing the very tip of the chequering, so it shows as black, which gives it a more 'aged' look. Once you are happy with the color and number of coats, let it dry and then seal it with a spray on laquer or varnish, with a matt or satin finish if possible, glossy wouldnt look right.

Brought her out yesterday for a bit of a shoot, filled the mag with gas and bb's, popped the mag in, pull the trigger and POOF.......a big cloud of gas! :confused: Never had that before, so, again, filled the mag with gas, popped it in and yet again.....POOF!!, another cloud of gas, so at this stage I figured something was amiss :(

Stripped her down and realised there was something rattling about in the piston thingy. So, stripped that down lastnight and it seems theres a little nozzle inside that which has a screw holding it in place, but, after a lot of use the nozzle (which has pressure put on it by a spring) has forced itself past the screwand so is shaking about freely, hence the sudden escape of gas. I'll try get some pics later to explain better, 'should' be an easy fix I hope, but just so you know should it happen to any of you, could be the next problem after the roller wheel :p

Ok, here's a few pics, I expect this will happen, given time to other WE P08 owners, so this might be of some help. My Luger hasnt been used 'that' much, hasnt been abused (although it looks otherwise :p) has been kept well cleaned and well lubed, it was a cheap plastic part that failed, as I mentioned, in the piston:

th_27598_p4_122_149lo.jpg
    (note the red arrow pointing to the screw on top which is the cause of the problem)

The part that failed was the nozzle type piece inside the piston:
    th_27708_p3_122_866lo.jpg

I did a rough 'section' view of the piston, as seen below. As you can see, the screw which goes through the top keeps the nozzle in place, keeps pressure on it (from the spring) and prevents it from moving about freely. But as there is a lot of pressure on this piece, and its only stopper is a small screw, it has forced its way past the screw
    th_27864_p2_122_650lo.jpg

As can be seen below, the plastic has been 'eaten' right through in one spot and has started to go at the opposite side. Also note the 'rings', these are from the nozzle spinning and being marked by the threads of the screw:
    th_27972_p1_122_117lo.jpg

As for the remedy :confused: I dont know, anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe sanding it down a little (ie until the rings were gone) then sticking a new 'plate' onto it, perhaps a metal one? Or using a longer screw which would by pass the holes.

Suggestions welcome ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Cheers for the comments guys :). With regard to Guinness's guide to aging and painting the grips, I cant find it!

Here you go
    http://ww2aa.proboards45.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=gun&thread=1201456186&page=1

Nice job you did on yours. It really does have to be done to complete the Luger look.

Advertisement