Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE P08 (Luger) discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cheers for the comments guys :). With regard to Guinness's guide to aging and painting the grips, I cant find it! Darn, I cant remember what forum I got it off. Its basically a process of sanding down the grip with very fine, maybe 400 grit sandpaper and giving them a rub of 000 wire wool, just to give the paint a key. Add a few gouges, dents, etc etc with a file, dremel, whatever you think best, but make sure and 'soften' out these gouges with some wire wool as realisticaly over time they would be softened by handling.

:eek:
    dont touch your gun with 400 paper!, thats really rough and will leave swirl marks all over it and will look sh*te,
    if its to dull it a bit then just use a soft scotch pad and go easy with it, as for ageing the metal, put the pistol in a bag with a bicycle chain and shake it like mad, the chain will give you the aging effect without having any sharp bits to gouge into the frame or anything.,:)

EDIT:
    a luger with a suppressor.,LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Right, I need a bit of help guys if you don't mind.

I got this gun today, and seeing as it was my first airsoft gun, I may have been a bit hasty.

I read your review and you said something about a spring and a pin going in the takedown lever. I never knew about this and I think I may have lost it as I don't see them (unless they are hidden to the naked eye). This may be the reason why sometimes the lever opens when cocking the gun....

Also, shouldn't the slide pop up when all bb's have been fired? I fired about 3 or 4 clips so far but have only remember the slide going up the first time. Any tips?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VonLuck wrote: »
    Right, I need a bit of help guys if you don't mind.

I got this gun today, and seeing as it was my first airsoft gun, I may have been a bit hasty.

I read your review and you said something about a spring and a pin going in the takedown lever. I never knew about this and I think I may have lost it as I don't see them (unless they are hidden to the naked eye). This may be the reason why sometimes the lever opens when cocking the gun....

Also, shouldn't the slide pop up when all bb's have been fired? I fired about 3 or 4 clips so far but have only remember the slide going up the first time. Any tips?

Thanks.

I have no experience with this particular GBB but they all work similarly. My M9 oftne doesn't lock back after the last shot. The power of the blowback often isn't effecient enough to push the slide back all the way. The first mag would have had less cooldown than the rest so would be likely to work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You want to oil it a bit when you first get it, I think I linked to the guide before in this thread that you are asking about.

Well after a good search of everywhere I had my gun, I'm pretty sure I lost that pin and spring. I am pretty annoyed at this. Now my take down lever keeps opening. (In fact, last night it opened and I didn't realise, the whole gun fell apart. Luckily I was able to reassemble it)

Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts such as the spring and pin I lost?

By the way, Motosam, I couldn't find that link you were talking about, although I don't think my gun needs oiling. Seems like it's pretty lubed up!

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55569455&postcount=22

I think the second review mentions some issues down at the bottom.

I'm getting one of these pistols soon, so I'll know better then, but for now, perhaps you can contact wgc about getting the equivilant tanaka luger replacement part, if/when mine arrives, if it looks like a simple part, I'll make you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well after a good search of everywhere I had my gun, I'm pretty sure I lost that pin and spring. I am pretty annoyed at this. Now my take down lever keeps opening. (In fact, last night it opened and I didn't realise, the whole gun fell apart. Luckily I was able to reassemble it)

Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts such as the spring and pin I lost?

Ah, pity to hear that! I did the exact same thing, so dont feel too bad! Luckily it was the spring that got away from me, the pin I saved! The pin and spring are literally just sitting in a drilled holed in the take down lever so when you pull it out, unless you are totally prepared to catch them, you'll lose em! I spent about an hour on my floor with a big magnet trying to find the spring, but no luck :(

Anyway, what I did was, looked for another spring in places where I thought I might find a similar one. Turned out I had an old walkman lying about which had a spring of the same diameter in it! It was a little longer, but thats good, as it kept the takedown lever more secure. Have a look about, you'd be surprised where you'd find little springs! Also, for the pin, its only about 3mm or so long. A cut down nail or pin may do the job, just round off the head well so as to allow the lever to rotate.

How small is the spring exactly? I see a few tiny springs inside the gun itself. Is the spring I'm looking for of a similar size? I'm not exactly sure how it goes together anyways so I might contact someone about it.... although it's not the biggest problem in the world.

By the way, this may just be a general airsoft question, but is it normal for the gas to run out randomly? By this I mean, sometimes I get two or more clips fired off before having to refill, other times not even a full clip. I fill it up completley with gas each time I refill. Baffling!

How small is the spring exactly? I see a few tiny springs inside the gun itself. Is the spring I'm looking for of a similar size? I'm not exactly sure how it goes together anyways so I might contact someone about it.... although it's not the biggest problem in the world.

By the way, this may just be a general airsoft question, but is it normal for the gas to run out randomly? By this I mean, sometimes I get two or more clips fired off before having to refill, other times not even a full clip. I fill it up completley with gas each time I refill. Baffling!

Its just temperature, cool down etc., completely normal.

Ya, ist wunderbar!

Mein deutch ist sheiser.

Anyway, right now, I have a luger and two mags in a luger replica holster on my belt,

oh yes.

Ok out of the box need to know:

The hammer is internal, it must be cocked to remove or insert the magazine, as it sits into a recess in the mag when at rest, WE tech have this, as do Tanaka, make sure to have a cocked pistol when loading or removing the mag or you may damage the hammer loading, nay, WILL break the hammer forcibly loading/unloading it when not cocked.

The main Pin at the very back, which the toggle pivots on, is held in BY FRICTION ALONE, pop it out, and the little disk on one side, put the pin back in, use threadlock to hold in the disk and the pin in the disk, if this was a screw bolt there wouldnt be an issue, but meh, use screwlock.

If you remove the take down handle, YOU WILL lose a little nub and spring in the take down lever, be careful and remember, you DO NOT need to remove the take down handle to remove the upper receiver and barrel, they are only a bit stiff, be gentle and careful.

Now, to fire, and thanks to KD, chrono! ;):D

I will test with .2, .23, .25 and post results in KD's thread on gbb barrel length, fps, joules and their relation to bb weight and time in barrel.

Danke shoin, auf wiedersein!

I apologise to all german speakers whose language I have just butchered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Whatcha' think of the grips? :p

Not as bad as I expected, bit of lex in them, but I'm hoping to get a set eventually to replace them.

Advertisement