Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clonskeagh Mosque

• 18-01-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever played the 4 algerians in futsal out there? 2 ex algerian internationals and 2 lads who coach kids in the area all well over 50.

Myself and a couple of pats fans had the dubious honour of being utterly destroyed by the "Zidane Family" out there last sunday, playing them again on our astro pitch in a 7 a side next week.

When i say utterly destroyed i mean it, was like chasing ghosts for an hour :(

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I played with the Mosque team before, my friend is Muslim, went back home though. I think one of them(over 50) played with Marseille.

They have a player who trains with that skillful Chinese guy.

To be honest when my friend told me about there being ex international players on the team I thought he was bull****ting me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I once played against 7 lads living in Ireland who had all played for PSG under age teams. For about one hour, we only had the ball after they scored. It ended up pushing on 50 nil, but we stopped counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They have a player who trains with that skillful Chinese guy.

To be honest when my friend told me about there being ex international players on the team I thought he was bull****ting me.

2 of them are and they coach kids in the area, im in the process of sending my kid out there to train with them on a saturday, seemingly the late late show slated them as the "bearded" ones force their beliefs on the kids obviously well researched when they were saying "touch control move" really meant allah is aweseom, imagine irish people doing such a thing (missionaries eh?) anyway they have little nurseries in Clonskeagh that i cant find any info on.

kdjac

PHB wrote: »
    I once played against 7 lads living in Ireland who had all played for PSG under age teams. For about one hour, we only had the ball after they scored. It ended up pushing on 50 nil, but we stopped counting.

Not surprised being a Man Utd fan i doubt you get out the chair much :D

Was 10 in it come the end of our game but we figured out that stonking shots from anywhere would either hurt them or go in, seeing as tho we couldnt get near them to tackle :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hate when stuff like that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sure you're old, and hence all of you are slow :)
    Imagine playing fast good players, when you are unfit :)

Sure you're old, and hence all of you are slow :)
    Imagine playing fast good players, when you are unfit :)

Every week tbh tonight was 18 pats fans oldies vs the nippers 8 over 30s vs 10 under 30 mostly teenagers playing LSL or in some cases u21 for rovers/pats (god i love scoring on that **** :D )

We won to maintain our 13 game unbeaten vs the nippers, so when we play the "zidane family" on our pitch we going with the oldies, rather than me and a few nippers last time. Still tho the touch these guys have is superb, and they trying to teach it to our kids. Gotta get my son out there for a year or so.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I hate when stuff like that happens.

and it will happen again when you lot play boardeaux in a friendly?!!!!!!!!:p

Advertisement