Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Egg's in Supervalu

• 18-01-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

As the title says i was in Supervalu and they have easter eggs and cadbury eggs for sale.
    what is happening we only just finished easter at this rate christmas should hit this year around july.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

As the title says i was in Supervalu and they have easter eggs and cadbury eggs for sale.
    what is happening we only just finished easter at this rate christmas should hit this year around july.

I buy these and eat them early. The chocolate just tastes better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cadbury cream eggs are around all year... at least i see them all year round... however easter eggs.. this early? Thats worse than putting up Christmas stuff around Halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

don't be too surprised, while i'm not a fan of easter in january and christmas in september, easter is falling early this year (March 23rd), and easter week is clashing with paddy's day so the church has moved official celebration of paddy's day to the 15th for this year although everything else is still on the 17th. it's 9 weeks to easter so expect the ads for pancakes and lemons to be on the tv any day now. I still don't like the thought of going shopping this week and seeing eggs stacked up, they have only just got rid of the last of the christmas stuff in my local tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Easter is early this year. They are last years eggs anyway may as well knock them out nobody in Ireland checks the sell by date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I saw Easter eggs in Tescos on the 2nd of January!!

Srlsy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i thought you were going to tell us sectrets to look out for in the supermarket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Easter eggs are getting boring. They need to put something inside them. Like a frog. Imagine your missus opening that haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

RonMexico wrote: »
    Easter eggs are getting boring. They need to put something inside them. Like a frog. Imagine your missus opening that haha!

It would be well dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

I'm still holding out for an easter egg sized cream egg!
    Just imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

paulksnn wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for an easter egg sized cream egg!
    Just imagine.

already been done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The fat bastard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So that explains the whole obesity debacle(see other thread on it), too much temptation.

Is it about time chocolate was made a controlled substance as ahem, its killing people? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

@admiralofthefleet
    very witty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Saruman wrote: »
    Cadbury cream eggs are around all year...
    thought they were seasonal ?

Dunnes had cadbury cream eggs in on Dec. 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I own a shop and Cadbury dropped the cream eggs into my shop the week before christmas. I screamed at the rep till he took them out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Easter eggs should be available all year round. Yummyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

thought they were seasonal ?

they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I had a pack of mini eggs the other day

they tasted fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

phasers wrote: »
    I had a pack of mini eggs the other day

they tasted fantastic
    Ooooh ooooh - I'm off to buy some now in a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

WexCan wrote: »
    Easter eggs should be available all year round. Yummyness.

But they are. They're cunningly disguised as less expensive chocolate in the form of bars. Hiding in plain sight. Obviously a cunning disguise since your good self seems to have missed it.

Yeah I saw Creme Eggs in SuperValu in Listowel shortly after Christmas, think it was December 30th or 31st. I remembered thinking - "that's insane." But yes, Easter is rather early this year.

Advertisement