Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are all provisional tests stopped?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I was just wondering if all provesional tests had been stopped until the people on their second got cleared?

Can people on their first still apply? or are they gonna have to wait till all that is cleared up?

thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was just wondering if all provesional tests had been stopped until the people on their second got cleared?

Can people on their first still apply? or are they gonna have to wait till all that is cleared up?

thanks for your help
    Driving tests ( not provisional tests).

Yes, you may apply but you must wait until you have held the first learner permit for 6 months before doing a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Driving tests ( not provisional tests).

Yes, you may apply but you must wait until you have held the first learner permit for 6 months before doing a test.

My sister applied for hers a while ago, Its been maybe 4+ months since she applied. They usually tell you 4 weeks before the test when it is gonna be on, so that puts her right now at 20+ weeks waiting so far. I was just wondering if she would be made wait until they get through the backlog of people on their second provesional before getting around to give her the test, shes on her first.

Just to put a timeframe on it, its a bit annoying waiting so long with no sight in end.

Out of curiosity, what is the reason they cant give you a date and time the day you apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

where did she apply ?

She applied in Churchtown, sorry should have said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

She applied in Churchtown, sorry should have said that.

Should be 17 week so from http://www.drivingtest.ie/Stats%20English.pdf ... but someone people says those figures can be way off.....

• Advertisement

Cheers for the help, Shes been waiting so long i thought maybe she was waiting until all the backlog was cleared or something, I guess it will be soon enough which is good to know, will get her to phone them to double check...

Thankies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I had mine last week....roughly 6-7 month wait. 1st provisional. A girl I was talking to that morning was on her 2nd, my instructor had tow other people the same day as mine who were also firsts and passed. While you would have thought the pressure would be on to clear 2nd provs off the list ebfore june, that doesn't seem to be the case at least not in my part of the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

jhegarty wrote: »
    Should be 17 week so from http://www.drivingtest.ie/Stats%20English.pdf ... but someone people says those figures can be way off.....

Kilkenny claims 17 weeks as well I got a test after waiting 7 months and friends who put in at the same time are still waiting.

Advertisement