Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday Night-BORED?

• 19-01-2008 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

There seems to be alot of people online at the moment. So i guess am not the only one bored tonight.
    Why are you home on a Friday night?

Comments

im not well

I was meant to be at the cinema tonight. Went in with my brother. The only seats left were at the very front so after paying and everything he refused to sit there and left. As he had no way to get home or anywhere else I had to leave as well. I'm bored and p*ssed off:mad:
    Last time I ever give the ungrateful little b@stard a lift anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

MIN2511 wrote: »
    There seems to be alot of people online at the moment. So i guess am not the only one bored tonight.

The exact same reason you are. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

just home from the girlfriends' place and i've work in the morning... bah!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Had to pay mortgage the other day...broke now :( At least Family Guy's on to keep me entertained, and there's the fellow boardsies for company :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Work tomorrow (Friday is my thursday).

Also heading out tomorrow night so all's good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Finishing off a few cans of Guinness I have left over from last weekend.....and playing a bit of poker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Toots85 wrote: »
    Had to pay mortgage the other day...broke now :( At least Family Guy's on to keep me entertained, and there's the fellow boardsies for company :)
    Watched that, he got 150,000 dollars from welfare??? That depressed me! Watching Michael Buble now- SAD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

tired from a long week at work
    resting as have to drive to galway tomorrow morning

playing online scrabble on facebook...watching pat......it cant get more exciting

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oooh, just remembered there's Corona in the fridge....my night just got a little more interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Need money for tomorrow night (living on a tight budget at the moment :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm drunk and just trying to stave off masturbation for a little while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

4pm here-killing time before the end of the work day. Big weekend ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

have had a long busy week at work, gone home for weekend to do as little as possible

humanji wrote: »
    I'm drunk and just trying to stave off masturbation for a little while.

Only a click away ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

nothing better to do so having a few buds and trying to find my way around here

next wrote: »
    nothing better to do so having a few buds and trying to find my way around here

Welcome.

I hate when people change their avatars just when I was getting used them. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Dub13 wrote: »
    Finishing off a few cans of Guinness I have left over from last weekend.....and playing a bit of poker.

I love having a few cans at home (mixing beer followed by Guinness followed by beer) while playing some games or working on a website design...

But I'm still kind of hungover from a ridiculous bender on Tuesday so taking it easy tonight.

• Advertisement

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    I hate when people change their avatars just when I was getting used them. Bah!
    Hmmm I can't see anyones avatars

ah sorted

how many posts before you can use your own avatar ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

how many posts before you can use your own avatar ?

You can change your avatar whenever you like. If you want to upload a custom avatar you need to be a subscriber. See my sig for details on how to subscribe.

On topic: I'm just back from the pub and killing some time before I head to bed.

Watched that, he got 150,000 dollars from welfare??? That depressed me! Watching Michael Buble now- SAD!!!

He he, you should've watched the one after that too, Stewie tries to destroy brocoli by changing the whether so the cold will kill it off. "At last, it seems the witless provider has brought me something of use."

You can change your avatar whenever you like. If you want to upload a custom avatar you need to be a subscriber. See my sig for details on how to subscribe.

On topic: I'm just back from the pub and killing some time before I head to bed.
    It's only 12:28.... very early night?

Still staring at the tv, watching the bloody sex change. It's getting worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Didnt emerge from my bed until 6pm today - had an interesting night last night to say the least - so technically its still about 3pm/4pm to me. My apartment is free at the weekend so Im watching Arrested Development with a few cans - good times.

€50 a year seems abit pricey, but I'm new so we'll see how it goes

:confused:
    €50 a month seems abit pricey, but I'm new so we'll see how it goes

50 a month? I think that's the price for a year. Im a subscriber and it's definitely not that much!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

€5 for a month.

I'm in, have been sick for a few weeks. Body repairing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I probably won't head to bed for another few hours.

Worth every penny! :D

There's a sex change operation on TV!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Drunk, alone but watching The Big Lebowski on Film 4 so it's not all bad :)

Spunj wrote: »

Damn, I don't have film four.

• Advertisement

Oooh, big lebowski's on...*changes channel*

Spunj wrote: »
    Damn, I don't have film four.

DVD rules! Might put it on now actually, it's probably one of the funniest and best films of all time.

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    There's a sex change operation on TV!?!
    Yes on More4
    Now watching RTE1... jeez there really isn't anything to do
    Maybe we should start discussing, Politics, Sex, Religion, Immigration, Iraq, Abortion, Health.. That should stir things up

DVD rules! Might put it on now actually, it's probably one of the funniest and best films of all time.

It is a great film. It's a pity I haven't seen it in so long.

€50 a year is a lot when you give to other sites as well, but sites are always more expensive in Ireland, I'm not saying its not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just home. Around to my mates for the night playing 4 player Halo on the Xbox:D Then get fecking drenched walking home:mad:

Hopefully tomorrow night will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Ended up watching Lost in Translation and realising that I am Bill Murray only instead of being in Tokyo I'm in ****ing Limerick. Instead of Scarlet Johannsen I have booze.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Ended up watching Lost in Translation and realising that I am Bill Murray only instead of being in Tokyo I'm in ****ing Limerick. Instead of Scarlet Johannsen I have booze.

Am I alone in thinking that is a crap movie...?But I do think Scarlet Johannsen is dead sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Off the beer to recover from December overdose. Prefer not to go to pub and sit there listening to drunk people babbling. Naturally in February though I'll go back to being one of them again:)

Am I alone in thinking that is a crap movie...?But I do think Scarlet Johannsen is dead sexy.
    Yeah the movie is utter RUBBISH... watched it for a few mins, what award did it win again?

Yeah the movie is utter RUBBISH... watched it for a few mins, what award did it win again?

No less than....

The film won an Oscar for best original screenplay. It was also nominated for best director (the first time an American woman was nominated for this award), picture and actor.

The film won Golden Globes for best musical or comedy motion picture, screenplay, and musical or comedy actor. It was also nominated for best director, and musical or comedy actress.

At the BAFTA film awards, the film won the best editing, actor and actress awards. It was also nominated for best film, director, original screenplay, music and cinematography.

It won four IFP Independent Spirit Awards, for best feature, director, male lead, and screenplay.

No less than....

The film won an Oscar for best original screenplay. It was also nominated for best director (the first time an American woman was nominated for this award), picture and actor.

The film won Golden Globes for best musical or comedy motion picture, screenplay, and musical or comedy actor. It was also nominated for best director, and musical or comedy actress.

At the BAFTA film awards, the film won the best editing, actor and actress awards. It was also nominated for best film, director, original screenplay, music and cinematography.

It won four IFP Independent Spirit Awards, for best feature, director, male lead, and screenplay.
    You are kidding????? Like wtf?

I could have made that movie in a heartbeat

Advertisement