Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 broadband with Playstation 3 or Wii?????

Options
  • 19-01-2008 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Can someone please help me,

I have O2 Broadband and i'm trying to play online with Playstation 3 or Wii. I bought a WIFI Link (usb device) and thought this would work. But, NO.

I tried messing with bridging connections but nothing seems to work because the usb Broadband is not seen as a network card in any settings.

If i had a cable broadband like Eircom broadband and plugged it into my pc, then the WIFI Link device would work.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

setup your pc wireless as an adhoc network.. then connect your ps3 to the adhoc network of your pc... then make sure IcS internet connection sharing is turned on on your pc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Like wot he said.......but once you get it working, keep an eye on your bill

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jonqwe

Thanks for trying to help me,

When I use ad-hoc mode I can play some games which support this but only on the PSP. The Playstation 3 and Wii can't find the connection when the pc is on ad-hoc mode. and I tried the internet sharing on the connection but to no avail. Both the Wii and Playstation 3 time out when testing the connection. The usb adapter I have is called WIFI LINK but it won't work (that I know of, without a connection through my network card ). The Broadband connection I have is a usb O2 adapter which does not work with the WIFI LINK because it only looks for a cable connection.

Thanks again for trying.

JOHN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

as far as i know all them o2 and vodafone cards are no good for gaming on the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

guil07 wrote: »
    as far as i know all them o2 and vodafone cards are no good for gaming on the ps3

Not entirely correct, while I haven't managed to get Call of Duty 4 on the PS3 working (haven't spent much time at it either yet), I have played Colin McRae DiRT on the PS3 online absolutely fine.

In those types of racing games, even if you don't actually race head to head its still good to have the on line lap times/rankings available.

BTW, I'm on Vodafone 3G.

• Advertisement
Advertisement