Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its official he is a Maldini...

• 19-01-2008 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭

For those that don't know Paolo Maldini's 5 year old son plays for the Milan youth setup. Rumour has it he is showing all the signs his father did!!!

Check this out. A 5 year old Daniel Maldini strips Clearance Seedorf of the ball at a Milan euro cup party last May with a tackle his father would be proud of...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zXpPD3FpxIg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pfft, Enzo would make mince meat of him! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

That actually was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ha ha ha super! :)

Enzo reminds me of myself back in the day...

Seriously that was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I remember seeing that ages ago, very cool :)

• Advertisement

Here seriously am I the only one who feels sort of weird when watching these really young players? Perhaps its a bit of the Jealous-C, but I just sort of get depressed. When I watched a Des Cahill documentary about young footballers a few years back, I just start crying for ages...it took the mother to bring me back to my senses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Here seriously am I the only one who feels sort of weird when watching these really young players? Perhaps its a bit of the Jealous-C, but I just sort of get depressed. When I watched a Des Cahill documentary about young footballers a few years back, I just start crying for ages...it took the mother to bring me back to my senses.

You do yourself no favours here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Na, if that was a Maldini tackle he would have made sure he took Seedorf out of it! ;)
    Good challenge though, cleaned the ball and all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Are you suggesting I can't still make it as a professional footballer? Cause I think that's bull****. Ian Wright was signed at age 21, going on 22 from a Sunday League football team. Granted I'm 23, and not currently playing Sunday league football, but I don't see why a talent scout wouldn't be checking out local 5 a side pitches.

It's a sad day in ones life when he realises he is never going to be a professional footballer.

Yeah that is what I mean...When I was younger I really thought it was a given that 'my urge' to be a professional would suffice. I wrote about this for the Leaving Cert.

I think it was in 3rd class I told a guy(far better than me) that I would play football professionally. He said 'Why bother'..its too hard to be a footballer...he was damn right. Grant it I'm only 18, but some players have their testimonials by then.

You CAN do it PHB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote: »
    It's a sad day in ones life when he realises he is never going to be a professional footballer.

and an even sadder when when you realise you are older/around the same age as some of your heroes! Torres,Agger,alonso :(

I guess its the joy football brings that is important, in essence once you are out in the field playing does it matter if your being paid nothing or 50 k a week?

I haven't played in a few years(honestly I was beginning to hate football, because I knew I wasnt going to make it) so I can't wait to get back and play for the enjoyment at last. I took it way too seriously before, got very depressed because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

be happy ye can play ye feckers, even if it's only 5 a sides with mates.

Your right LeninBenjamin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Spot on LeninBenjamin, I havn't kicked a ball since I reinjured my back way back in May, I miss having a kick about, granted I wasn't the worlds greatest but I loved trying to get better every time I played :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No need to feel downhearted chaps about the football dream not working out. There's always the chance you could have a son and then you can live vicariously through him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

No need to feel downhearted chaps about the football dream not working out. There's always the chance you could have a son and then you can live vicariously through him!

thats been my plan since i realised it was all over for me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Eddie McGoldrick didn't sign a professional contract until he was 28.

There's hope for us all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Archimedes wrote: »
    Pfft, Enzo would make mince meat of him! :D

jesus if theyre the best clips they can find for highlights of him hes sure as hell not going to be a patch on daddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

group hug ?

Anyone ever notice when esteban and Mr Alan post it ends up as a PI :D

kdjac

Ah you mean like siamese twins?

be happy ye can play ye feckers, even if it's only 5 a sides with mates.

too right

dodgy knees and a breaky foot mean i havent kicked a ball in anger in 7 years and 5 months :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Helix wrote: »
    jesus if theyre the best clips they can find for highlights of him hes sure as hell not going to be a patch on daddy

Ye, was thinking that myself:confused:

...nothing you wouldn't see on the oul 5 a side once a week:D

So was I, the quality looked averge, and they talk about the 'technical' side of youth football in places like Spain. He did do one good flick, but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

hes only a young lad can only get better,maldini's son only 5 and judgin by that neat tackle looks a hot prospect ;)...oh god id love to be a proffessional footballer,my biggest passion and i only really got into playing it (11 a side that is) when i was 18,only started supporting a team when i was 15 if id have had athe interest at 5 or 6 that i have now probably be rubbin shoulders with the greats :( ..all the same love playing it more then anything now so im greatful for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

iregk wrote: »
    For those that don't know Paolo Maldini's 5 year old son plays for the Milan youth setup. Rumour has it he is showing all the signs his father did!!!

Check this out. A 5 year old Daniel Maldini strips Clearance Seedorf of the ball at a Milan euro cup party last May with a tackle his father would be proud of...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zXpPD3FpxIg

Meh, he didn't keep a hold of the ball :D
    Eddie McGoldrick didn't sign a professional contract until he was 28.

There's hope for us all!

I think it's safe to say those days are over :confused: ??

• Advertisement

My inspiration is Christian Vieri, he only start playing football at 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My inspiration is Christian Vieri, he only start playing football at 17.

Wasn't Solskjaer around that (even older I think) when he started?

Best finisher of his generation in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lol was thinking the same..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I know exactley what Estabancambias is talking about, im 18, and the fact that week in week out i worship Anderson, a 19 year old is wierd. Watching Rhian Davis this supposed Aussie wonderkid we signed at 9 years of age playing like a pro is upsetting. Kasenga Lua Lua came on for Newcastle yesterday and he is 17, i just thought to myself... Im older than him. It just felt wierd, and its only gonna get more depressing!

Back on topic, the Maldini kid's tackle was class.

Enzo Zidane looks great, i hope we get another Zidane because i grew up watching Zinedine and i can count myself lucky to have done that.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Enzo Zidane looks great

seriously, are you basing that from the above video?

coz he doesnt look great, he doesnt look anything apart from a kid playing football. you wouldnt look twice if you saw him playing down your local park like

just coz his surname is zidane doesnt mean hes good when he does average stuff

maldinis kid on the other hand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

you wouldnt look twice if you saw him playing down your local park like
    You're going a bit far there. He'd be head and shoulders above everyone at that level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement