Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which monitor should i get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

stevejazzx wrote: »
    What! I had that monitor for close to 400e off them just a few months ago! :rolleyes:

Thats a great deal there. Wish I waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Hendrix89 wrote: »
    What! I had that monitor for close to 400e off them just a few months ago! :rolleyes:

Thats a great deal there. Wish I waited.

i know man...sure they a nice hanspree 37' tv for 233 sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Spunge wrote: »
    I've been using 17" CRT for some time now and gonna upgrade to a budget LCD. I use a x1950pro as my gfx card and will be playing games like call of duty 4 and crysis. Thinking of either of these.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4S41&CategorySelectedId=11109&NavigationKey=11109,49800000

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4G03&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=Dabs+Value+19%22&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Im leaning more to the 19" DVI one, but how much of a difference is there between using DVI and using a VGA one with a DVI adapter.

the 1950pro will not play crysys very well, unless on very low details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

To be Honest I would advise againt buying a monitor Online Unless you get it in writing from the CEo or whatnot that you will be able to return it in case of a dead pixel since most companies wil not refund you for just 1 dead pixel.

I suggest going to an actual store in dublin and insist on checking the monitor before you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That would be a good idea but where can you get monitors at prices like that in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

i just bought the samsung 226bw for 300 off pcworld incl postage and it is an amazing 22" that will last a long while.Built for gaming really. If you buy budget you dont really get reliability and quality so maybe it is best to invest in something solid.i was willing to pay only 150e but came to my senses and got a solid monitor now=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    To be Honest I would advise againt buying a monitor Online Unless you get it in writing from the CEo or whatnot that you will be able to return it in case of a dead pixel since most companies wil not refund you for just 1 dead pixel.

I suggest going to an actual store in dublin and insist on checking the monitor before you buy

Your actually wrong. As you can buy a monitor online, open it and check for dead pixels. And if you see one you can return it under the 14 day cooling off period :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Anti wrote: »
    Your actually wrong. As you can buy a monitor online, open it and check for dead pixels. And if you see one you can return it under the 14 day cooling off period :)

Sadly most Online retailers have copped onto this and make sure they dont "receive" any such notice till its too late.

MORE READING:
    http://www.dabs4work.ie/Article.aspx?ArticleId=1750

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I returned a Samsung 2232BW monitor to PC World yesterday. Nice enough monitor but decided against a TN panel and the inherent colour/banding issues. The monitor had a number of design problems too - it would wobbled on its base when the desk shook slightly and intermittently emitted a high pitched noise. Don't know if these issues would have been enough to get a refund on an item I bought over a week ago - but discovered that the Samsung website lists this monitor as having a tilt/swivel base, which it doesn't. So was able to return it on that basis.

Interested in this OcUK Value L2442W 24" Widescreen LCD monitor. It uses a VA Panel but a few people on the forums have had to return it and I'd like to know the black to white response time.

Cooling Off Period information from consumerconnect.ie. [Link]
    This cooling off period for online sales starts on the date you receive the goods or, in the case of services, on the date the contract is concluded. It's normally seven days, but can be anything up to three months if the seller doesn't provide you with all the information you are entitled to.

You most likely will have to pay the cost of returning the goods unless they are:

* Faulty
    * Not of satisfactory quality
    * Different to the ones you ordered (do not match their description)
    * Substitute goods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Anti wrote: »
    the 1950pro will not play crysys very well, unless on very low details.

Gets 20-30 fps on medium @ 1024*768. and post-processing on high. Usually in FPS games this would be too low for me but in crysis with the blur thing it seems smoother.

Also, i had just bought a 3v voucher for 150 and then they put up the price on each monitor by about 7 euro, so only one i can buy with this voucher is the 19". Also it says its DVI on dabs.ie but on the actual digimate site it seems to be vga
    http://www.digimate.co.uk/product_new/monitor/lcd/L-1931ws.html

Advertisement