Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fruit flies / fruit fly culture in dublin?

• 19-01-2008 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

anybody know where i could find some of these? i cannot find any and no website from the uk will deliiver to the republic , its northern ireland only.
    thanks,
    jay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

j14 wrote: »
    anybody know where i could find some of these? i cannot find any and no website from the uk will deliiver to the republic , its northern ireland only.
    thanks,
    jay
    As far as I know, Reptile Haven on Fishamble Street does fruit flys.

Duzzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

Duzzie wrote: »
    As far as I know, Reptile Haven on Fishamble Street does fruit flys.

Duzzie

thanks duzzie i only thought of reptile haven this morning .they are getting some in next thurs. cheers,
    jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

are you sure you want to breed these things ?.......
    they are very pro-lific.
    Get a sweet fruit like a pineapple, citrus, ... make sure the skin is pierced and they'll be around in a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

i'll be using them as food for my poison dart frogs so the more the merrier i'd say. i" ll give the pineapple a go and see how i get on. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I'm not sure that it is the best time of year to cultivate your own TBH. Might be a bit too cold. During the summer I cultivated my own for tiny slings using Bannana but it was a lot warmer then. Worth a try though, let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement