Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 Internet Problems

• 19-01-2008 3:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Right in the last few day's my phone has decided to stop letting me access the internet! Everytime I go to access it it just sorts pauses and kicks me back out to the main screen! Anyone have any suggestions to what it could be?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

3 Questions:

Who is your phone company?

What have you set up as your homepage.

On the second question if you have customised it and it contains flash that might be crashing the browser.

Have you tried opening your bookmarks and going to another destination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's on Meteor which doesn't affect it as I run it off Wireless networks anytime I use it!

Don't have a home page set,usually just go in to it and type what site I want then,but it's not even allowing me to get to that anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you tried using another browser like Opera etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Given that it's not letting you even access your bookmarks anymore I think I'd try a factory reset and in the event of that failing to resolve the issue upgrading/re-installing the firmware.

Do you have any other applications running at the same time on the phone? On both my N-series phones memory can be an issue and can prevent you opening new applications if there's a shortage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

OP - the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago on my N95. I did a "hard reset" - different to just using the factory reset option, and that resolved the problem. Make sure you do a backup of your data before you try it though, as the hard reset completely wipes the memory. I can't remember the hard reset code off the top of my head, but it should be easy enough to find, I just used google.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Antilles wrote: »
    OP - the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago on my N95. I did a "hard reset" - different to just using the factory reset option, and that resolved the problem. Make sure you do a backup of your data before you try it though, as the hard reset completely wipes the memory. I can't remember the hard reset code off the top of my head, but it should be easy enough to find, I just used google.

Good luck!

Thanks Antilles...worked a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

kmart6 wrote: »
    Thanks Antilles...worked a treat!

No worries, kmart - glad I could help. You should try what davton suggested though. When I was having issues with the default application somebody at work suggested I try an alternate browser. I got the issue resolved with the hard reset, but still decided to give Opera a go, and it is a big improvement.

Advertisement