Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus RX400h

• 19-01-2008 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I am considering 1 of these after having test drove 1 yesterday (another to the list of X5 or new V70!!)
    Nice drive, very comfy and well speced. I am thinking about an 06 model but I am wondering if anyknows whether or not the display and the sat nav maps can be upgraded to the later versions (07 on) which look much better and have better coverage?
    Also does anyone know if you can get a kit to connect and control an ipod to the stereo?
    Any owners here, any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hi, I'm sure the maps can be upgraded, it's only software, it might cost you though.
    As for iPod integration, here's a kit:

IPod Integration Kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

A little word of warning on the 400h. A mate of mine has one and the mpg is terrible to say the least. Put your foot to the floor and you can see the petrol indicator dropping on the dash.

Diesel X5 may serve you alot better depending on your mileage and driving style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Mileage won't be too bad, probably 12-15k per year. Mixture of town and longer driving.
    I have been looking at X5s but to get one with low mileage and decent spec costs a lot. Very few nice low mileage 05 examples, need to go to 06 and that is too dear
    I will take one for a drive though and see what they are like
    What kind of MPG was your mate getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Have one of these and I am getting about 9l / 100km

The first ones had a different navigation system, the newer ones with the nicer screen, the screen has a higher resolution.

The one with the upgraded mark levenstein stereo can also play DVD's when you are stopped.

I think there is a device that you can add on which will give you the ipod screen on the navigation display. You might find it on Google. I tried to use one of the FM transmitters inside the car but it did not work very well in connecting to the radio.

The 50% VRT rebate will be removed from the car when the new rules come in, and it is in one of the higher emmisions brackets. This will increase the price of the car, I did not work it out but could be 15K.

Also when you drive it you will find it has great acceleration, between the electric motors and the cvt gearbox. does 0-60 in 7.6 sec which is good for the size and weight.

Also it is very well speced, the basic car comes with every concievable extra.

Great car and on my second one now.

Best of luck with your purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There is a device that can play and control an ipod through the touch screen and displays track names. Forget where I saw it, it's available for the Prius too (basically the same system)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There is a device that can play and control an ipod through the touch screen and displays track names. Forget where I saw it, it's available for the Prius too (basically the same system)

saw this also. might be on the lexus owners US and UK fourms.

I think it is www.lexusownersclub.com and lexusownersclub.co.uk

Also be aware when they are talking about MPG on the US site, a US gallon is 3.8 L in a US gallon while a UK gallon is 4.5 L.

Advertisement