Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 4x13 - Quarantine [SPOILERS]

• 19-01-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

Episode Synopsis from TV.com
    When Atlantis is put under quarantine, Rodney finds himself stuck in a botany lab with his girlfriend Katie Brown.

What did you think of 4x13 Quarantine? 24 votes

Excellent
    0%
    Good
    8%
    Karl HungusDr Bob 2 votes
    Ok
    41%
    Pepe LeFritsMr EixoyUser45701thelordofcheesesenordingdongSherifuDingChavez_JOE_haff 10 votes
    Poor
    41%
    BKtjePugsleybada_bingSuaimhneachalastair_doomOverhealBubs101Demoniquerobby^5DePurpereWolf 10 votes
    I cried
    8%
    NeoRoxTheHig 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ok
    Filthiest episode of stargate ever!

Ronan and the doc getting to know each other better...
    Katie and the Rodney plant "......it gets bigger and bigger...."
    Zalenka staring at Carter's ample assets :eek:

As fillers go, I quite liked it. Some character driven episodes are much needed for atlantis, how else are we to find out that Zalenka is a pigeon fancier :D The main story of the lockdown/outbreak was hardly new but that was fine as we got some other storylines moved along; tayla's pregnancy, rodney/katie relationship and new love between Ronan/Doc.

The stand out moment for me was Sheppard climbing the tower in all his cliffhanger glory.

7/10

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ok
    Yeah I enjoyed this - as a character-based filler, it worked well and the groupings were pretty decent.

I've always enjoyed Zelenka and it was nice to see him save the day (and still have made a mistake previously). The interactions with Carter were suitably awkward and I liked this rational reaction to Carter wanting one of his pigeons.
    Ronan got to show a bit more about himself, which is something they don't like Momoa do enough and he worked quite well with Kaylee.

Sheppard got to do a decent cliff-hanger piece and showed he had smarts again. I liked his concern for Tey-lo and worrying she'd give birth.

Rodney's piece was spot on for him, showing his more selfish side and quite sad too. Knowing she would have said "Yes" if he hadn't just laid there and feel sorry for himself shows how flawed he is.

Wondering now if that distress beacon has gotten picked up and if there'll be a consequence to it all.

Good filler. Not up to the last two weeks but not a let down either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ok
    As fillers go, it was very good.... the outside shots climbing the tower were great, and the character development was definitely needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think the double entendres and the humour helped it plus the pairings. I particularly liked the movie references. Very nicely handled and necessary. They've all been a bit gung-ho of late saving the universe. Good episode overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Poor
    wasn't too bad for a filler and it was character driven this time. My only gripe is that i got the deja-vu feeling again, i mean how many times have we seen a 'lockdown' storyline used in Stargate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i liked the '42' bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Poor
    Ronan was dangerously close to being the highlight of the episode, he was actually quite good this time around, the scenes with him and the doc were very well handled. Score one for Zalenka though, good to see him get the spotlight for once.

Good character development, but on the whole a fairly ok episode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thought it was a good episode. Was obviously filler, but it was good filler. Doc and Ronan was good. Sheppard was cool, as always. Although i had hoped he and Tayla would end up playing a game of golf on the computer while waiting. :)
    Mordeth wrote: »
    i liked the '42' bit.
    That was also brilliant. Gotta love Rodney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Poor
    Not an overly impressive filler. Basic stargate canon if you ask me. Ronan and Kaylee were a good thing and it was nice to see Zelenka fall down an air shaft but thats about it.

What really bothered me is the stupidity of the lockdown: they explained it terribly. Atmospheric disturbance? Pfft. Who sets a computer to go into complete lockdown over a weather anomaly? I could understand if it detected nerve gas or something but cmon...

Then, the real damper - Ronan spends all that time trying to blow the door open and they establish quite firmly they are not going to be opened - then after being trapped, Carter and Zelenka are freed without their saviors so much as breaking a sweat - the door is effortlessly pulled open. Wtf?

Piss poor.

Ok
    They mentioned the doors in the lifts were weaker than the rest of the doors, that's why they were opened easier.

• Advertisement

Poor
    What a weak excuse tbh. I could also gripe about how a space-faring city-ship would have outside windows you can smash open with a lab-chair.

Ok
    Overheal wrote: »
    What a weak excuse tbh. I could also gripe about how a space-faring city-ship would have outside windows you can smash open with a lab-chair.

Weak maybe but they did cover themselves, I thought of them as elevator doors - easy enough to pry open.
    And as for the windows, the city has a shield for space flight ;)

Poor
    Which is just a silly design consideration considering the amount of power that thing can use :p I mean cmon... how dumb are they going to make the ancients out to be?

Which is another thing that bugged me! Whats with building a fortress city-ship and designing all these weird outcroppings for someone to climb on? Either a) make it so they cant or b) give them a damn ladder.

Ok
    If I had to make one shield generator or a **** load of space proof glass....
    They had the zpms: they didn't care about power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Overheal wrote: »
    Which is just a silly design consideration considering the amount of power that thing can use :p I mean cmon... how dumb are they going to make the ancients out to be?

Which is another thing that bugged me! Whats with building a fortress city-ship and designing all these weird outcroppings for someone to climb on? Either a) make it so they cant or b) give them a damn ladder.

Sometimes you watch something and however hard you try it just annoys you and all you end up doing is seeing the flaws with it. Been there many times myself. Could see a lot of this, but as it became clear fairly quickly it was about characters, well-handled IMO, and not the plot, over-used as it is, it was easier to ignore yet another lockdown.

Poor
    maybe i was just in a bad mood when i watched it. twas a ****ty day that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Poor
    Mordeth wrote: »
    i liked the '42' bit.

Tayla's does a good "WTF face". Only good bit of acting i ever saw her do.

When the episode started, i thought it was just gonna lead to a load of awkward conversations, but thankfully not. This episode had the potential to be terible, but turned out ok. If it wasnt for a few good jokes, this ep would rate badly tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 haff

Ok
    Its funny, I watched it on tv on the sci-fi channel as it aired in the States but actually fell asleep half way through, my recollection was hazy but that was definately the weisbeer... re-watched it last night and I was glad I did. It had me in stitches, Sheppard remembering Rodney's password based off his arrogant self association with Einstein and Newton's birth years, the HHGTTG references, Zelenka gibbering away in the air duct had me cracking up for some reason and yeah it was great to see him save the day instead of being batted away by Rodney all the time. Was enjoyable to watch Ronan do more than just kill things (which he is great at but obviously there would be more to someone than how they conduct themselves in combat). Tayla - meh. I didn't notice the WTF face in either sitting but I generally ignore her, never liked her wooden attempts at, erm, acting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ok
    Atlantis in another lockdown??

It was good, but I wasn't paying full attention towards the end...was Rodney shot down?

Ok
    Rodders decided he wasn't ready after he made a complete arse of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ok
    rkm wrote: »
    Rodders decided he wasn't ready after he made a complete arse of himself.
    To compound it, the look on her face suggested she would have said "Yes". He then messed it all up for himself.

Ok
    ixoy wrote: »
    To compound it, the look on her face suggested she would have said "Yes". He then messed it all up for himself.

Truth. I thought she would have said yes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ok
    What a slag.

Ok
    What a slag.

Don't let Pepe see that.
    Carter being head of the expedition is ridiculous... but it wouldn't be the first time!

I'd like that Katie Brown to be on the show more often, she's a cutie.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ok
    :)
    Heard she was being disposed of a while back... shame!

mr_angry: Tsk tsk. Lets hope you're wrong anyway kaids. Loose lips 'n' all that...

Ok
    That should be spoilered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 haff

Ok
    Rodney managed to shoot himself down, lol. He got down on the floor of the room he was trapped in a panicked hypochondriac state, began feeling symptoms of an imagined sickness while he negatively ranted about how it was pointless, hopeless etc. He put her off whatever she had imagined he was by revealing his true self :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ok
    That needs a spoiler? She's on the show purely as Rodney's girlfriend, and they just broke up...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just after watching this. I noticed a few things. Why does Zalenka have to fall down a couple of floors in the ventilation shaft? Didn't Shepard go to the floor that the power room was on?

How did communications go down? They use the same radios when off world and they work fine then. So there is nothing in Atlantis that is needed for the radios to work.

When Shepard had Rodney's password he had no way to get it to the control room. Now Atlantis is a massive city that can travel through space, has a massive shield that can last for thousands of years, weapons that can hold off a whole race of evil aliens and their whole fleet of ships, yet the ancients couldn't find the time or money to put an exchange server in there so people can send emails. What the fúck is that about?

Zalenka and Carter couldn't open the doors yet two other guys could.

Why didn't soldier chick go in the vent instead of zalenka? She was a good bit smaller than him.

The tablet pc didn't have enough ram to run the atlantis os yet there are other computers on the base that can do this. Why can't they upgrade the ram so that every computer can run it? How can something so massive as an operating system for a city run on a laptop? That's like running vista on an abacus.

• Advertisement

Poor
    Just after watching this. I noticed a few things. Why does Zalenka have to fall down a couple of floors in the ventilation shaft? Didn't Shepard go to the floor that the power room was on?

1) to provide the only bit of comic relief in this episode
    2) the doors were sealed. This is the power room for the entire city after all - it has to be well protected.
    How did communications go down? They use the same radios when off world and they work fine then. So there is nothing in Atlantis that is needed for the radios to work.

So very true. Again, another point behind the stupidity of this episode.
    When Shepard had Rodney's password he had no way to get it to the control room. Now Atlantis is a massive city that can travel through space, has a massive shield that can last for thousands of years, weapons that can hold off a whole race of evil aliens and their whole fleet of ships, yet the ancients couldn't find the time or money to put an exchange server in there so people can send emails. What the fúck is that about?

I can understand not being to access control room functions but again, you're absolutely spot on.
    Zalenka and Carter couldn't open the doors yet two other guys could.

Oh yes. Go figure.
    Why didn't soldier chick go in the vent instead of zalenka? She was a good bit smaller than him.

Because Zalenka needed his moment. Leave the poor guy alone.
    The tablet pc didn't have enough ram to run the atlantis os yet there are other computers on the base that can do this. Why can't they upgrade the ram so that every computer can run it? How can something so massive as an operating system for a city run on a laptop? That's like running vista on an abacus.

a what?

Dont read too much into it cushion: this was awful filler.

Advertisement