Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I post a thread on the soccer forum?

Options
  • 19-01-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

I'm new here, and when I tried to post a thread on the soccer forum, basically I wasn't allowed. Why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The soccer forum is a special forum. If I remember correctly You have to have 50 posts on boards (to prove you are not a Muppet) and be a member here for a month or two.

Read here

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

as a newbie i find this a bit haste. where's the connection with having 50 posts and anything decent to say about football! the fact that the forum is called "soccer" instead of football should have been clear enough warning i suppose. thanks for the clarification.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It's to ensure you haven't signed up to troll the forum. The soccer forum had to be closed down a few years ago, the admins & mods came up with this way to tackle the problem. Having 50 posts enables the soccer mods to review your posting before approving you, being a member for a month means you haven't signed up to flame or troll. It's the best resolution available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its a system that seems to work well as it stops peoples from signing up and going in to cause trouble. Its the type of forum thats really open to hurling abuse between fans so anything to creative a decent environment to discuss the sport is worth it.

ah yes im afraid i was abit naive on that score. i can definately see how the forum could be abused like that. thanks for the update. to troll is to abuse the other people's opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Trolling would be posting something just to get a reaction, ie. 'Everton are the best team on Merseyside' in the middle of a Liverpool transfers or chat thread without backing it up or any intention of backing it up.

right thanks for that. its a steep learning curve! fair play to all the guys answering the boring newbie questions. Big help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No bodger, you'll get to grips with it quick enough :)

Advertisement