Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sparrowhawks

• 19-01-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

They are back.

After a few weeks of not seeing much of them, they returned with a bang yesterday.

They had a double killing out the back garden. I looked out and the big female was plucking her kill, a collared dove.

As I watched that there was a blur of movement and the small male hit a greenfinch on the wing and took him to the side wall to pluck.

I tried to sneak out with my camera but spooked them and they left with their kills. The female to the nearby tree where she nested last year and the male went a bit further.

Was delighted to see them back though, it is the same female that I posted a pic of, on here a few months back, as she has some distinctive markings.

The male looked different and smaller than the male I saw with her last year, but it could be one of the juvenile males that hatched last year in his more mature plumage.

Advertisement