Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yet ANOTHER insurance question

• 19-01-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all, Ive seen alot of threads on here about the best insurance company and it usually comes down to who's 50 euro cheaper.
    So heres the question.
    If all the prices were the same, who would you go with?
    In other words, who does the BEST cover not the cheapest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

From what I know (and i'm not an insurance expert) FBD. They have protected bonus with unlimited claims, both in number and in payout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Anan1 wrote: »
    From what I know (and i'm not an insurance expert) FBD. They have protected bonus with unlimited claims, both in number and in payout.

but the bonus wudnt matter if the prices were all the same :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

PeakOutput wrote: »
    but the bonus wudnt matter if the prices were all the same :P
    Ya got me!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I suppose OP what you are really asking is:

Are they all the same at the end of the day?

What makes one better than the other?

Apart from the legal requirement to have insurance the following may be a factor in determining which offers the best policy:

1. What excess will you be faced with in the event of a claim?
    2. Does the policy include breakdown a assistance service?
    3. Does the policy have NCB protection offering?
    4. In the event of a claim, how efficient & unbureaucratic will the whole process be?
    5. Is windscreen & other glass covered? Is there an excess for this? Does it affect your NCB if you claim for a windscreen?
    6. Do they allow a onthly payment system (e.g. may be important for young drivers with large premiums)
    7. Will they offer cover for expensive extras like alloys & in car entertainments systems?
    8. In the event of an accident do they automaticlly provide a replacement rental car for some or all of the duration of the repair of your own car?
    9. Do they cover legal assisitance in the event of a claim against you?
    10. Do they cover international driving?
    11. Is the policy offered "open driving"?

There may be other factors to consider. Maybe a comprehensive list of these should be gathered & then see which companies tick the most boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

good question op....

thats a good list to consider too rebel...good work

• Advertisement
Advertisement