Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full sized DJ headphones WHILE driving!

• 19-01-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

Lights at Christchurch about 10 mins ago, guy in front who hadn't been able to make up his mind about a lane starts to turn his head and what do I see on him?

A pair of these! I actually took a picture but when it shot, he had turned his head back around.

Sony%20MDR-V700DJ_3.jpg

We continued on, turning right at Leo Burdocks and at the junction where you have right of way coming from our direction he hesitated, moved, hesitated and moved again and by now I had lost all patience and blasted him with the horn. He moved until he came across another problem - someone turning left and due to his complete loss of hearing couldn't get his brain into gear to move to the right slightly.

If you are driving a '06 black Ford Focus with the digits 110 at the end of the reg you should be ashamed of yourself and I hope by now a guard has spotted you.

Even if you have no music on, the pads on that type of headphone will completely cover your ear, sealing it with the pads.

Rant over. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've seen plenty of people drivign around with smaller headphones (even Sami Hyypia in the program about Steven Gerrard last year :)).

TBH theres no difference between that and music on so load you can hear it perfectly well in your own car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Just so you know deaf people are allowed to drive too. OK I agree with what you are saying, if you are fortunate enough to have intact hearing you should put it to use when driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭MarkN

Just so you know deaf people are allowed to drive too. OK I agree with what you are saying, if you are fortunate enough to have intact hearing you should put it to use when driving.

Well aware of that. They're paying a higher premium to drive though.

Just couldn't really believe my eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Some people drive around using none of their ability at all to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Have to admit that I generally drive with my music so loud that I can hear next to nothing outside but I do still hear sirens/ambulances etc, I'm not so sure that I would be able to if I had headphones on. Pretty dangerous I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Just so you know deaf people are allowed to drive too.
    I'm guessing deaf people won't be distracted by music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hagar wrote: »
    I'm guessing deaf people won't be distracted by music.

You're probably right. I suppose you could also argue that deaf people may be more aware with ttheir other senses as they are used to having to be more reliant on their eyes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Just so you know deaf people are allowed to drive too.
    Not necessarily. Heard of one old man recently who couldn't get insurance renewable on the basis of his impaired hearing despite decades of claim free driving.

What about people who drive with entire nightclub sound systems vibrating shop windows, at least the headphone guy was keeping his crap tastes to himself:rolleyes:

Advertisement