Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question??

Options
  • 19-01-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

What are the chances of a fairly average student gettin 400 plus points in the lc. doin 5 hons nd 1 pass

Comments

If you work at each subject equally it is possible to get 540 out of what you mentioned. Probably not likely, but possible.

When it comes down to people and the LC there's no such thing as odds or chances or anything else, it depends solely on you. Do you think you can get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

a lot of people in my school did get over the 380 plus mark,two getting over the 500, but in saying that like Myth said your points do reflect the work you put in throughout your school years .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    What are the chances of a fairly average student gettin 400 plus points in the lc. doin 5 hons nd 1 pass

If you are using the word average correctly (in a national sense), such a student wouldn't be doing five honours level subjects. The 'average' is closer to two honours level subjects.

As others have said, it's up to you, but attempting five honours level subjects puts you well above average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

spurious wrote: »
    If you are using the word average correctly (in a national sense), such a student wouldn't be doing five honours level subjects. The 'average' is closer to two honours level subjects.

As others have said, it's up to you, but attempting five honours level subjects puts you well above average.

Really? I'm surprised with that. In my year anyway I'd say the average would be 2/3 ordinary level and 4/5 higher.
    I'm doing 2 Ordinary and 5 Higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

The most you can get is 560 with an a1 in five honours subjects=500 + an a1 in the pass subject being 60 points.If you want 4 hundred points you could get it with a c1 in the five honours subjects and a a2 in the pass subject.Or maybe two b3s and three c1s in the honours subjects and a b2 in ur pass subject.A student of average ability should be able to get that if they put in the work.Just completely your homework every night to fairly decent stardard and pay attention in class dats half it lyk!And then just do 2 hours revision each night.Try doing 25 mins of study then 5 mins rest and do this four times for four different subjects every night.I know its hard but try do this at the weekend as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

eoins2345 wrote: »
    The most you can get is 560 with an a1 in five honours subjects=500 + an a1 in the pass subject being 60 points.If you want 4 hundred points you could get it with a c1 in the five honours subjects and a a2 in the pass subject.Or maybe two b3s and three c1s in the honours subjects and a b2 in ur pass subject.A student of average ability should be able to get that if they put in the work.Just completely your homework every night to fairly decent stardard and pay attention in class dats half it lyk!And then just do 2 hours revision each night.Try doing 25 mins of study then 5 mins rest and do this four times for four different subjects every night.I know its hard but try do this at the weekend as well!

Thanks for da advice. now all i have 2 do is do da leaving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

gud luck with dat!ill have ta do it da year after!

Advertisement