Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting link annoyence

Options
  • 19-01-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

This has been bugging me for a while so someone else has probably mentioned it.

Before, when i clicked the "Insert Link" button i would be asked to enter the text i want displayed. The reason for this is obvious... say im posting a link thats very very long but i want the link to simply say "this" or something like that.

Now though, and i think this is since the quick reply/advanced button feature.... Im only asked for the URL and i then need to go through the code and remove the double URL it puts in to change the way the text will look.

Sure its only a few seconds extra but its a bit of a pain since i know the feature was there before that it did it for me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Did you change which editor you use?

If you're using firefox, try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/491
    Won't work in the advanced editor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

For me the display text automatically gets highlighted after you insert the link.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If I want to insert a link I select the text I want to use as the link first, and then hit the 'insert link button'. Once Ive pasted the URL it just highlights the text selected, as the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

^^^ Same here, dead simple, works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Terry wrote: »
    Did you change which editor you use?

If you're using firefox, try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/491
    Won't work in the advanced editor though.

Nice one thanks :D Its still not the same as the pop up box asking my for the text, but it makes it easier as now (as others said) once the url is inserted it auto highlights the text so i can type away. Just as good as the old way.

I should have said in the first post i was using firefox :D
    If I want to insert a link I select the text I want to use as the link first, and then hit the 'insert link button'. Once Ive pasted the URL it just highlights the text selected, as the link.

This works now that i installed the firefox add on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The change threw me too but I figured it out when I had some text highlighted and it put the code around it, it's faster the new way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'm using FF, and it highlights too.

Quick and easy.

Advertisement