Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Taxi Driver

Options
  • 19-01-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I left my wallet in a taxi in Dublin last night and this morning the driver tracked me down by ringing the number on my organ donor card (he got my sister, who I don't live with anymore but she put us in touch with each other). He is posting my wallet to me (we aren't in the same part of the city), something I think is very decent of him , since he has to go out of his way and pay to do it. He wasn't part of a company, he was a private driver.

My question is, is there any group that I can call to commend his actions? The regulator? Would they care? I'd like to let somebody that matters know that he put some effort in to sort out one of his customers the next day.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for it, I had a gander and it seemed the best. Unless i'm blind and there actually is a taxi forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Being a taxi driver, I'm sure a call to Joe Duffy or some of the late night talk shows would catch his ear!

Great to hear there's still decent people out there. Someone returned my wallet (all cash in) to my workplace anonymously in the post a while back - they saw my work ID badge in it and returned to the company HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

From the Taxi regulaters website
    Home > Contact Us >
    Contact Us
    Contacting Us by Telephone

For consumer information or advice on how to make a complaint or commendation, ring our lo-call consumer information line at 1890 60 60 90

Please do make the effort to ring the regulater and leave a positive comment, I'm sure the driver would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Lovely, thank you. I intend to call them. I wasn't worried about the cards, I cancelled them straight away, but it was a nice wallet and one that i'm attached to. And more importantly it was a level of extra effort that I didn't expect and i'd like it on record somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone him the next time you need a taxi (you wouldn't want to wake him though!) and leave him a tip.

Maybe even a whole wallet. :)

Advertisement