Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai?? Why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nodnedlog

patrickc wrote: »
    is it much cheaper to buy up north the 1.5dci
    what'll be the diffrence in price between it now and in july?
    tax cheaper by a hundred ive seen that

By July you'll have some post Dec 07 models for sale second hand which have a lower CO2 rating (139gms/km instead of 145gms/km) this makes it much cheaper for vrt and road tax. Current models 6 months old are about £15000 - £16000 and come with more extras than Irish equivalents (Only drawback -The car is made in Sunderland!).

With weak sterling and low CO2 it might be worth it in July. It's a lovely car to drive and your not killing the planet. Irish Nissan dealers are keeping very hush about the new CO2 ratings since it will kill their pre-July sales, they are still quoting 145gms/km which puts the car in the C VRT band! Very sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nodnedlog wrote: »
    The 1.5dci has just enough poke for me, low CO2 (139gms/km) and gives abput 60mpg if it is driven handy.

Going downhill it might do 60mpg.
    50mpg if driven easy is more realistic.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Going downhill it might do 60mpg.
    50mpg if driven easy is more realistic.

You might be right the mpg quoted is often very best scenario. However I did read this article on it ( www.greencarsite.co.uk/GREENNEWS/nissan-qashqai.htm) and have gotten some aecdotal evidence from Qashqai owners. Who knows?

Isn't that route mainly motorways and major roads (60mph constant)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Renualt & Nissan are sister companies...

And the new Laguna's petrol engines are straight out of a Nissan! Nissan diesels are straight out of a Renault too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

snyper wrote: »
    The Qashqai is as offroad as an electric wheelchair.

The squashie was never meant to be an SUV. Its marketed as a tall hatch back which is exactly what it is.

Isn't that route mainly motorways and major roads (60mph constant)?

Just checked Nissan UK website these are the offical figures.

It appears to half way 54.3mpg combined. Still not bad going though!

1.5 dCi 6 speed manual 2WD

Power 78/4000 (106/4000)
    kW / rpm (PS / rpm)
    Maximum speed 174 km/h
    108 mph
    Fuel consumption (Urban cycle) 6.0 l/100 km
    47.1 mpg
    Fuel consumption (Extra-urban) 4.8 l/100 km
    58.9 mpg
    Combined cycle fuel consumption 5.2 l/100 km
    54.3 mpg
    CO2 Emissions 139 g/km

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

"No they do not! Renault is a shareholder in Nissan, owning 44%. Nissan in turn own 15% of Renault".

Well that might be technically be true there's no doubt that Renault call the shots in the Renault/Nissan alliance. Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years back, saddled with billions in debt before Renault effectively took over.
    Carlos Ghosn; a Renault bean counter was appointed by the French company to step in and take control of Nissan. He did a fine job. Nissan has since had a string of hits including the bloody Qashqai and all because of Renault's intervention.
    In conclusion Renault may own X% of Nissan and Nissan Y% of Renault but there's no doubting which company is in control.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

coolbeans wrote: »
    In conclusion Renault may own X% of Nissan and Nissan Y% of Renault but there's no doubting which company is in control.:cool:
    True that Renault has a controlling share of Nissan, but they do not own Nissan.

Nodnedlog wrote: »
    You might be right the mpg quoted is often very best scenario. However I did read this article on it ( www.greencarsite.co.uk/GREENNEWS/nissan-qashqai.htm) and have gotten some aecdotal evidence from Qashqai owners. Who knows?
    That's pretty impressive. Some gentle driving and no above 60mph and they get 67mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

JHMEG wrote: »
    True that Renault has a controlling share of Nissan, but they do not own Nissan.

Just a thought then, If renault have a controlling share in nissan. are they trying to relaunch in wloves clothing a re-hashed version of the RX4, The beefed up Scienic.:eek::eek:

mildews wrote: »
    Just a thought then, If renault have a controlling share in nissan. are they trying to relaunch in wloves clothing a re-hashed version of the RX4, The beefed up Scienic.:eek::eek:

At least the RX4 was 4 wheel drive!

(I know it is technically possible to get a 4WD QashQow but who'd buy one?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

JHMEG wrote: »

That's like saying the bank doesn't own your house. Want to see if you can sell it without telling them?

As for the OP's question - I'm a why not. Having had several new Scenics, and a fabulous RX4 Privelege, w/full leather, we've mourned the passing of the sensible driving position hatch ever since........the 1.5dCi is aslo a big plus........we might look at one post-July.

And the Nissan isn't an SUV so why compare it to one?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

is the VW Tiguan an SUV?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

is the VW Tiguan an SUV?

Supercilious Urban Vehicle ?

Possibly. Probably, even.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Qashqai and Tiguan are pretty much the same idea as each other. except the Tiguan is a little pricey..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I love these threads, people making stupid assumptions about others without any degree of logic...

S-Class Merc??? Why???
    Cars with big engines?? Why???
    Cars capable of speeds of over 120Km/h??? Why???
    Metallic Paint??? Why???
    Non-Standare Alloys??? Why???
    SunRoof??? Why???

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Tiguan will have a 1.4 pet engine and will attract, altough €34k starting i think,

Ford Kuga looks a serious rip off of qashqai except with ford lights, and starts with a 2.0l engine

Qashqai 7 Seater due Nov this year, if they don't fcuk up availability like normal qashqai that will blow competitors out of the water i think,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was it not supposed to be coming out with a Renault badge as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Stekelly wrote: »
    Was it not supposed to be coming out with a Renault badge as well?
    Renault Koleos?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Renault are bringing out an SUV called the koleos. I think its in collabration with sangong. They already have a competitor to the Qashqai. Its called the megane.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

I bought one last year, why?

Always like Nissans, never give any trouble
    Love the look of it and great price.
    Roomy inside and high specs on the standard model.
    Good size engine, didn't want a 2ltr.
    Highest safety standard of any car on the road.
    Superb drive

Overall very pleased.

They seems to be a lot of jealousy about this car.

galwaytt wrote: »
    That's like saying the bank doesn't own your house.
    No it's not remotely close. The bank isn't a shareholder.

Renault own 44% meaning 56% is owned by others. All someone else has to do is own 45% or more and Renault no longer have control. Nor do Renault have any say about it. If a 3rd party buys 50.1% or more, then Renault are locked out forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

E92 wrote: »
    Renault Koleos?

Thats the one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Just to clarify, the qashqai/note/tiida are replacements for the Almera, not the Primera. They are aimed at three distinct market segments within the old Almera market - young adults (qashqai), small families (note) and older couples (Tiida)
    A replacement Primera will be launched end of this year/early next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Niall06 wrote: »

Superb drive

Overall very pleased.

Couldn't agree more about the car. As a matter of interest which one did you get. My wife got a 1.6 SVE and the spec for the money is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Got the SE model but really pleased with the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jake burns

Got the SE model but really pleased with the specs.

Hi Niall06 I got a quashqai last year also, mainly happy with it though I find in top gear on the open road there is a bit of a whine (gear type) also the back shelf rattles a bit and i find it a bit annoying, anyone have similar rattles r whines!??????????? great on juice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Are there any pics of the new Primera(or even the concept version)?

Fan of the old ones looks believe it or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Superb drive

Overall very pleased.

Superb drive, Jealousy? Are you serious :) ?

Any car that has been fitted with stilts will roll and pitch like a ferry as you corner. If this handling characteristic is what you'd consider a superb drive you should have a drive in a proper car. If there wasn't a necessity to drive a reg plate you would realise that for the price of the Qashqai new you could pick up a used car that would really make people jealous.

Advertisement