Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai?? Why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Tragedy wrote: »
    Are there any pics of the new Primera(or even the concept version)?

Fan of the old ones looks believe it or not

I've heard nothing of a new primera on any of the uk car websites.I'm guessing it, like the tiida will be an ireland only sort of thing.I dont know anywhere else in the eu has got the tiida

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I've heard nothing of a new primera on any of the uk car websites.I'm guessing it, like the tiida will be an ireland only sort of thing.I dont know anywhere else in the eu has got the tiida

Thats because in other markets the Tiida was called a Nissan Aprio or Decia Logan. Although the tiida is a revised version in essence its the same car that has been sold in eastern europe and russia since 2003\2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

VeVeX wrote: »
    Superb drive, Jealousy? Are you serious :) ?

Any car that has been fitted with stilts will roll and pitch like a ferry as you corner. If this handling characteristic is what you'd consider a superb drive you should have a drive in a proper car. If there wasn't a necessity to drive a reg plate you would realise that for the price of the Qashqai new you could pick up a used car that would really make people jealous.

I think you are being a bit harsh. While it may not be a sports car, not everyone wants sporty handling, and some people want the features of a SUV. Even if you don't.

BostonB wrote: »
    I think you are being a bit harsh. While it may not be a sports car, not everyone wants sporty handling, and some people want the features of a SUV. Even if you don't.

Maybe I was a little harsh.

The Qashqai is not an SUV. They are built on what is essentially an old Renault Megane chassis, fitted with exaggerated suspension parts to raise its ride height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Bluefoam wrote: »
    They are still damgerous to pedestrians and don't have good road holding...

The roadholding is no worse than that of any other family hatch.Bear in mind a 1.6 Qashqai is the same weight as a 1.6 focus. Its not some lumbering offroader.Its also shorter than a 3 door focus. Have you ever actually driven one? As for it been a danger to pedestrians , why would you assume that? In short you really have'nt a clue what you're talking about. The same goes for you Boston B.

• Advertisement

Sorry Boston B .I was blinded by the ill informed vevex. I typed your name in instead. Btw vevex what do you drive that handles so well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Please don't tell me that a Q' has the same road holding as a Focus...

& they are more dangerous to pedestrians due to the elevated nose.

Maybe I was a little harsh.

The Qashqai is not an SUV. They are built on what is essentially an old Renault Megane chassis, fitted with exaggerated suspension parts to raise its ride height.

Pseudo SUV whatever. It not driving machine for your favorite B road. Its for saving the family when you have a head on with a Glanza V. Or so every one can see above the traffic in bank holiday traffic and not get too bored. Bit like driving a van. Its also so that you don't have to constantly creep and crash over speed ramps at 10 mph on a sports suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Despite people harping on about how bad suv's are and the like, the success of this car is ample proof, that despite everyone giving out about suv's and the like, if you make em cheap enough, everyone wants one....

Love how people can on the one hand say gas guzzling suv's are bad, and then run out and buy a Qashqai, and fail to see the double standard.

Hell, if range rovers were cheaper, everyone would have one...

Fashion, and the increased power of women in household purchasing decesions make this car a big big hit for nissan.

And don't be bringing up ride and handling differences between a focus and one of these.
    It's a 1.6 box for the masses - and a 1.6 of either model is not where you would go in the first place if you cared about such things....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thats because in other markets the Tiida was called a Nissan Aprio or Decia Logan. Although the tiida is a revised version in essence its the same car that has been sold in eastern europe and russia since 2003\2004.

The tiida is based on the dacia logan???The cheap thing built in romania.I never even liked the tiida but that its based on a very low end budget car built in eastern europe???Nissan are really ripping off the old people its targeted at in this country IMO....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

I'd say the only passenger orientated 4 X 4 that can handle ok is an X5. I don't know of any other brand that would be as bothered about their SUVs handling well.
    mildews wrote: »
    Did'nt know that!! Do you think if he wanted a Mondeo or passat for example, Would they get him one just to keep him as a customer?

Depends on garage. A VAG dealer was going to get me a BMW.

Another VAG dealer would only sell their own brand.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Please don't tell me that a Q' has the same road holding as a Focus...

& they are more dangerous to pedestrians due to the elevated nose.

The bumper is at the same level as any other car.It performed just the same as all the other cars in its class in the pedestrian NCAP tests. Every car in the class is inferior to the focus when it comes to handling/roadholding , but if you compare the qashqai to something like the mkIV golf it stands up very well. I get the impression that you think that because its tall , the qashqai leans a lot. It does'nt due to its wide track.It rides on big wheels with high profile tyres but the suspension is still relatively low. The centre of gravity is not much different to that of other tall cars.It certainly does'nt have anything like the body roll of an SUV. I'd suggest you go and drive one.

groupb wrote: »
    but if you compare the qashqai to something like the mkIV golf it stands up very well.

The MKIV Golf was designed 11 years ago. Not a great comparsion. :D

MarkN wrote: »
    The MKIV Golf was designed 11 years ago. Not a great comparsion. :D

Ok so the golf would'nt be the best example , but the point I am making is that focus aside , the qashqai stands up well to anything else in its class.The problem is the perception that the qashqai is some sort of SUV and not a family hatch. BTW I had a 07 2.0 TDI passat before the qashqai (and when it was'nt broken down) , it did'nt handle any better. As I said I can only suggest you drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The bumper is at the same level as any other car.It performed just the same as all the other cars in its class in the pedestrian NCAP tests. Every car in the class is inferior to the focus when it comes to handling/roadholding , but if you compare the qashqai to something like the mkIV golf it stands up very well. I get the impression that you think that because its tall , the qashqai leans a lot. It does'nt due to its wide track.It rides on big wheels with high profile tyres but the suspension is still relatively low. The centre of gravity is not much different to that of other tall cars.It certainly does'nt have anything like the body roll of an SUV. I'd suggest you go and drive one.
    Exactly .... look at the actual dimensions. The fact that everyone on here thinks they're big cars is simply testament to the fact that the stylists did their job properly and have conned into thinking it's bigger than it really is.

Ford Focus 5-dr hatchback 4.34m x 1.84m x 1.50m (LxWxH)
    Nissan Qashqai 4.32m x 1.78m x 1.62m

So in reality it's a) shorter than a Focus, b) narrower than a Focus and c) only 12cm (approx. 4.7") taller than a Focus.

Ahh, The voice of reason. And before somebody jumps in here and tells me that the focus is a better car - it is. I want one. Its just that my wife wanted a qashqai. She did'nt want to drive a car as big as a focus. BTW cancan read alun's post , and if you're suggesting that there is another car in its class that gets near a focus for handling I'll go out and buy it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

BostonB wrote: »
    Bit like driving a van.

:D
    True in a sence..The only difference is that a van would handle better.
    I was going to buy a Squash last year but absolutely hated the feeling when driving it.
    Body Roll
    Understeer.!!!
    And that was on the main road..
    No thanks. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

You'd want to be doing some heroics if you got to the point of understeer in a 1.6 family car on a main road....

I don't think the design brief was to do the ring in less than 8 mins, or whether the casual 1.6 ltr family driver even knows what understeer is, nevermind care about it.....

It's job is to haul babies, and collect the odd bit of furniture for the missus, while being tall enough to be considered posh in certain parts of town among the local residents associations....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MarkN wrote: »
    I'd say the only passenger orientated 4 X 4 that can handle ok is an X5.
    On tarmac, maybe. And you're not biased. The yummy mummies' favourite would be blown into the weeds by the Range Rover and/or Landcruiser on the rough stuff.

Getting back to the Q, a lot of poeple seem to have a problem with it that it's not a proper SUV. The only people that are disappointed seem to be the people with that problem. Fair play to Nissan: the Q is the first proper urban SUV.

Somebody called vectra talking about understeer or any type of handling?
    Cancan the whole point of the qashqai or the crossover type vehicle in general was to get away from the bulk and image of an SUV. Thats why my other half bought one .She does'nt want an SUV. She wanted a family hatch and liked the style,value,spec and drive of the qashqai. If we wanted something to fit furniture & kids into we would head for the nearest renault showroom and buy the taller , bigger scenic. If we wanted to go off road we would buy an SUV.Put another way if it was an SUV and had all the hardware associated with one , would it be 25grand. And as we all know the "posh people" you say hanker after a Qasqhai don't like to be seen in something cheap. I think when they become more common people will just see them for what they are , a stylish(in some peoples eyes) run of the mill family hatch. The focus caused the same "controversey" when it was launched but now nobody looks twice at one.

• Advertisement

Somebody called vectra talking about understeer or any type of handling?

And your point is ? :rolleyes:

Sorry Boston B .I was blinded by the ill informed vevex. I typed your name in instead. Btw vevex what do you drive that handles so well?

I dont know why you state that im ill informed. I have driven a couple of Qashqai since they have been on sale and I have stated what I think they are like to drive.

What you have in the Qashqai is a Renault Megane with a puppy dog face, a rip off Santa Fe rear and four stilts with wheels attached.

Im not going to go into what I drive but lets say it doesnt go round bends like the Ulysses.

Since you're all Qashqai experts. Does it still have those locking seatbelts in the back like older nissans.

The qashqai is'nt built on the renault megane chassis and the nissan tida has nothing to do with the dacia logan , not that I'm defending a tida - give me the logan any day. The point you make about the handling would be more valid if you told me what car you were comparing the qashqai with. I also have a MX5 (thats a rear wheel drive sports car) so I have an idea of how a good car should handle.
    BTW vectra I'll give you a clue , if you were called mondeo I might listen to your theories on handling.

The qashqai is'nt built on the renault megane chassis and the nissan tida has nothing to do with the dacia logan , not that I'm defending a tida - give me the logan any day. The point you make about the handling would be more valid if you told me what car you were comparing the qashqai with. I also have a MX5 (thats a rear wheel drive sports car) so I have an idea of how a good car should handle.
    BTW vectra I'll give you a clue , if you were called mondeo I might listen to your theories on handling.

Hahahaha...!!

Are you trying really hard to look silly :D

If so you have just succeeded:rolleyes:

You are implying that a Squash would handle better than a vectra..!!
    And then you assume a Mondeo would be better than a vectra
    I have owned both and would put my confidence on a much higher level in a vectra than the mondeo for handling but that is not the issue here.
    I was merely stating about body roll and understeering on thr squash.
    Then you go along and say something so stupid like You know how a car should handle simply because you have an MX5..
    Dude..
    Get a Life
    I was comparing a Family saloon to the squash.
    What you are doing is same as comparing landcruiser to a Ferrari :D

So much for your intellegent opinion :o

I'm not getting into an arguement with some idiot that calls me "dude".
    And before you spout any more rubbish learn how to spell INTELLIGENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Oh no!!, a spelling post :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'm not getting into an arguement with some idiot that calls me "dude".

A strong counter, well argued

JHMEG wrote: »
    On tarmac, maybe. And you're not biased. The yummy mummies' favourite would be blown into the weeds by the Range Rover and/or Landcruiser on the rough stuff.

How am I biased? Because out of 8 cars I've owned, ONE has been a BMW
    ? :D

I wouldn't be seen dead in an X5.

JHMEG wrote: »
    would be blown into the weeds by the Range Rover and/or Landcruiser on the rough stuff.

Don't see how you can even compare these with an X5, nor was I saying the X5 would be better. What I did say was out of them all, how their jeep handles on the ROAD would be of most concern to BMW compared to others. The Landcruiser has far more body roll than an X5 for example but that was not the reason Toyota designed one.

They were never, ever, designed with yummy mummy in mind. They are proper off road vehicles that just happen to come with options to make them suitable for yummy mummy.

• Advertisement

learn how to spell INTELLIGENT.

Hahaha..
    Very valid point in this topic I must admit.
    And yes,
    You have proved just how intelligent you really are..
    TWAT..!! :D

Advertisement