Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai?? Why?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Wossack wrote: »
    A strong counter, well argued

Thanks! It was'nt bad coming from a dude / twat , was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

groupb wrote: »
    Thanks! It was'nt bad coming from a dude / twat , was it?

Feel bad to be seen backing him up following his most recent post :eek:

/me quickly retrieves his oar, and paddles feverously into the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

groupb wrote: »
    The qashqai is'nt built on the renault megane chassis and the nissan tida has nothing to do with the dacia logan , not that I'm defending a tida - give me the logan any day. The point you make about the handling would be more valid if you told me what car you were comparing the qashqai with. I also have a MX5 (thats a rear wheel drive sports car) so I have an idea of how a good car should handle.
    BTW vectra I'll give you a clue , if you were called mondeo I might listen to your theories on handling.

Just goes to show how ill informed you are - Do a search on Nissan B platform and Nissan C platform.

A Logan to a Tiida with photoshop liquify tool. Great design and probably a superb drive too :P

logan1.jpg

logan2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MarkN wrote: »
    How am I biased?
    I said you're not.
    DWhat I did say was out of them all, how their jeep handles on the ROAD would be of most concern to BMW compared to others.
    "I'd say the only passenger orientated 4 X 4 that can handle ok is an X5. ", said MarkN.
    No mention of road, or even ROAD, there.
    The Landcruiser has far more body roll than an X5 for example but that was not the reason Toyota designed one.
    You've driven both? Were you dead when you were in the X5? :D
    They were never, ever, designed with yummy mummy in mind. They are proper off road vehicles that just happen to come with options to make them suitable for yummy mummy.
    Now I'm starting to think you're biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Ah will you come on, there was clearly sarcasm in your ''and you're not biased''. I didn't say I drove an X5, I said there was more body roll in a Landcruiser. I am good friends with people who own both vehicles. Seriously, you need to talk to someone about how your brain seems to go into overdrive if you even hear a model name from the BMW range... It seems to seriously cloud your judgement and makes you desperate to make yourself look like you are always right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

snyper wrote: »
    The Qashqai is as offroad as an electric wheelchair.

One of the funniest things I've seen in a while! :D:D:D:D:D

True as hell as well. Ridiculous looking pieces of dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Seriously, you need to talk to someone about how your brain seems to go into overdrive if you even hear a model name from the BMW range.
    LOL! Only BMW owners are allowed talk about them now? After all Mark, you are the one who brought up the BMW X5 on a Nissan Qashqai thread..

X5 is for yummy mummies, full stop. Being an 5-series on stilts it probably has some of the 5-series road manners, with added body roll due to high centre of gravity. 5-series is not known for it's offroad ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

I'm glad you can see the humour in my last post but seriously, you seem to see red anytime 'that word' is used !!

My point on the X5 was completely linked to the Nissan. Same goes for an Opel Zafira, VW Touran - they all have body roll and the manufacturers don't care because they were not meant to go around corners fast. I can't think of any other brand that would bother to worry about it. So that's why I don't see the point in people arguing over which handles better because the fact is, compared to normal cars, they all handle like sh1te.

Your Qashqai buyer does not give a fiddlers about handling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks like the Ford Kuga will beat this Nissan hands down....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/220029/ford_kuga.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jargarbo

NIssan & Renault shared the same platform between Qashqai and Kaleos. Thing is... Reanult is making this Kaleos more of a mini 4x4. It's still Renault though... what do you expect with the resale value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Looks like the Ford Kuga will beat this Nissan hands down....

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/220029/ford_kuga.html

Not a hope
    Kuga is entry level 2.0 litre,
    Qashqai's biggest appeal is the 1.6 petrol,
    It was confirmed as the biggest selling car in ireland in march.

Is Kuga's starting price around €32k also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ford looks ok. But in Ireland with tax and insurance and VRT the market is always going to be different from the Uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

BostonB wrote: »
    Ford looks ok. But in Ireland with tax and insurance and VRT the market is always going to be different from the Uk.
    169 for c02 i heard, so its coming in a nice band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Not a hope
    Kuga is entry level 2.0 litre,
    Qashqai's biggest appeal is the 1.6 petrol,
    And this counts for nothing. From July cars will be done on CO2 not engine size(if this is the mentality ourt there amongst the masses that pint sized engines in big heavy tall cars are an "advantage" then the CO2 system can't come fast enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

E92 wrote: »
    And this counts for nothing. From July cars will be done on CO2 not engine size(if this is the mentality ourt there amongst the masses that pint sized engines in big heavy tall cars are an "advantage" then the CO2 system can't come fast enough)

You cant really compare Kuga to Qasqai really though. Different Cars. I think this Kuga is going to sell well. And Focus residual values are very strong so expect the same with kuga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cbr1100

I just ordered a new Qashqai this morning. I am going for the 1.5 diesel and upgrading from a 01 Almera. Why? Because its the best value car in its class. I am getting a good trade in on my old car and I wouldnt be seen dead in the note or tida, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

Whats a good trade in price for an 01 Almera? My wife was offered 5.5k for her 2004 Almera Sports hatch with 40K miles and full nissan history a few months ago against a new Qashqai. Nissan dealer was not interested in doing deal and even said that they are only really doing straight deals on them. Decided to keep the almera in the end and look at bringing in a focus diesel from uk next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cbr1100

I am getting 3.5K on a trade in to the fella i bought it off. There is 98k miles on it and never crashed etc - only tiny scrapes. Hope this helps.

Advertisement