Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irelands worst toilet

• 19-01-2008 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Yay, another toilet thread. Where do you think Irelands worst public toilet is, in your experience?

Comments

The Franciscan Well in Cork during the beerfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Was at a wedding in Kilcock a couple of years back.
    I'd had a few before the ceremony, so half way through the mass I really need to go. The fountain in the church didn't help. Nor did my friend when I told him I needed to go.

As soo as everyone went up for communion, I legged it out of the church.

The first place I saw was a pub across the road.

The urinal trough was cracked and had yellow and black stains on it. The window frames were rotten and the toilet bowls had skid marks all over them.
    The tiles on the floor and wall were cracked and the grout had fallen out in many places.
    The floor was also manky.

Great pint though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I went to visit a friend of mine in the rotunda hospital a few weeks ago after she had given birth, my child need to use the loo and I brought my daughter to the toilet on the public ward,

The smell eminating from the sanitary towel bins was absolutely disgusting...

UGhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

At my moms house. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Don't discuss MCD events please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Watch out what you mention. Or there might be more legal troubles!! Anyway i went to one of "those" festivals before and i went to use one of the port-a-loos. Someone had been so happy with the festival they'd used their own stool to write the name of the festival in big brown letters all over the inside walls of the port-a-loo. Nice!! Actually the toilets in Fibbers are f*ckin mouldy aswell. And the ones in Connolly train station are pretty rough aswell. It kind of makes you embarassed to think that you go to somewhere like Germany and the trian stations are huge and modern and the toilets wouldn't help you on the way to catching Aids or the ebolavirus, you have foreigners here who enter the public services of our fine rail network and it looks like they stumbled into the filming of Train spotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

cork :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Title of thread reminded me of Trainspotting!

Surely its any toilet in a pub. Proper pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

WindSock wrote: »
    Yay, another toilet thread. Where do you think Irelands worst public toilet is, in your experience?
    Does a garda cell count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The Toilets at Electric Picnic... vile.

Other than that, most club toilets after a certian time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Finglas?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That dublin pub/restaurant that was closed in November by the HSA. Christ they were bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Plug wrote: »
    Does a garda cell count?

Actually, they're not so bad nowadays with the hole-in-the-ground approach.

Cork bus station gets a vote from me. *shudder*

Reminder: There is to be no mention of any MCD event or venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

busarus, dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

Renards

Robbie Fox's skid marks are toxic.

But I hear the bints jacks are pristine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Fibber Magees.

Not the rest-rooms, the entire place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Holsten wrote: »
    The Toilets at Electric Picnic... vile.

Seriously. I've been at holes dug in the ground in my time on building sites, but EP '07 really broke new ground. On that sunday morning there were mounds of sh*te, puke and piss soaked bogroll infused with blue chemical literally towering out of the bowls...all slowly festering in the late summer heat. Boutique indeed...

I can't even think of any real public toilets, you know like we used to have years back but that got done away with...jesus those places were like dungeons. Used to be one off O Connell bridge years back...that was pretty bad, but every town had one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

orestes wrote: »
    Fibber Magees.

i agree, fibbers is a toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Snyper's ma's house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have a vague recollection of a missing toilet and just a hole in the ground in a country pub a few years ago. Can't remember here it was though and I swear noone in the place batted an eyelid at having to go in a hole in the ground!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Cobblestone pub in Smithfield.

The toilets in there have to be seen to be believed, absolutely disgusting.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

orestes wrote: »
    Fibber Magees.

+1!!!! One of the toilet bowls in the girls is held together with duct tape! Walked in there one night, absolutely bursting for a pee, and there was a massive queue, cos out of the three jax, one was working. One was blocked and overflowing and the other was occupied by a young goth couple (clearly off thier tits on something or other) having a good shag. With the door open. Classy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Toots85 wrote: »
    the other was occupied by a young goth couple (clearly off thier tits on something or other) having a good shag. With the door open. Classy. :rolleyes:

Should have just pi$$ed on 'em, some folks are into that kind of thing, the open door was probably in invitation of sorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Karoma wrote: »
    Actually, they're not so bad nowadays with the hole-in-the-ground approach.

Cork bus station gets a vote from me. *shudder*

Reminder: There is to be no mention of any MCD event or venue.
    Fuck no.
    I had to hold in a dump one night because there was no way I was sitting on that hole.

I understand that some people will wreck the toilet bowls when locked in a cell and that's why they have the hole in the ground, but I just couldn't bring myself to use it.

A pub I once worked in.. they had installed a new plumbing system, but had gone for the cheap-skate approach. This resulted in there being no pressure.. meaning there was no flushing. It was also during the busiest weeks of the year.

At the end of the night the staff had to draw straws. Whoever got the shortest had to go in with a bin bag, put their hand into and reach into the toilet and .. unblock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Slightly off topic,but most of the shítters in Ireland are palaces compared to some of the hovels in rural and urban USA which some people may find surprising. I was in a pub in Hemmingway SC and need to drop a hawser.

Frikken shítter(one stall) no urinal was half full of hard shíte with two broken Miller bottles pointing upwards.I had to gather up the ballbag as the dangle would have contacted the bottles. Not a relaxing dump,but yet people were going in and out no problems.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Apache Pizza on Dame Street. (You know, near Dublin Castle/the MCD venue.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

+1 for Busaras. It's an absolute disgrace. So many visitors pass through there every year and it just makes me wonder what impression they are left with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

that litle laneway off Wicklow street

it's like they don't want me to take a p*ss here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A pub I once worked in.. they had installed a new plumbing system, but had gone for the cheap-skate approach. This resulted in there being no pressure.. meaning there was no flushing. It was also during the busiest weeks of the year.

At the end of the night the staff had to draw straws. Whoever got the shortest had to go in with a bin bag, put their hand into and reach into the toilet and .. unblock it.

did you get the short one :D

that and another event, near sandymount dart station and the four seasons hotel, ice skating is held there as is a science show for youths and the like. its a three letter abreviation, exhibitions are also held there, there is a fun fair held n the other bit but ive never been to the toilets there, point is the only remotley clean thing about the toilets there is where it sasy "UR MOTHER" on the back of one of the doors, yeah there bad, cracked bowls etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

+1 for Busaras. It's an absolute disgrace. So many visitors pass through there every year and it just makes me wonder what impression they are left with.

+666

I was in there once. Despite the UV lights I could see a shillouteee of a bloke iwth a tourniquet round his arm. He asked me for the time.. f**king FREAKY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Is Connolly station not worse than busaras?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any train station or bus station in ireland... Also any train in ireland...
    Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Busaras...... They just scare the sh*t out of me, no pun intended. Always feel like I will be mugged or something in them, as for the turnstile.....pull it half way towards you and step over it LOL! Inspector caught me once, I said "what you gonna do have me done for stealing a piss HAHA, honestly dont have 20 cent on me."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

we need pics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

There are some modern train stations which are alright but you should see the bathrooms in Carlow or Bagenalstown train station.

I also say Connolly Station and Busarus as they have some seriously dodgy characters/clientèle in their toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I also say Connolly Station and Busarus as they have some seriously dodgy characters/clientèle in their toilets.
    magick wrote: »
    we need pics!

I would be keepin my digital camera securely in my pocket down there if I where you, unless your Steve from Jerry Springer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

dbnavan wrote: »
    I would be keepin my digital camera securely in my pocket down there if I where you, unless your Steve from Jerry Springer!

Also there is nothing more disturbing than hearing the person in the jacks next to you taking a photo. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

lol, busaras' toilets are scary alright! those uv lights dont really do much to scare away the scumbags tho.

Surprised eamon dorans in temple bar hasnt been mentioned, they are even worse than busaras toilets i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

The worst toilets in Ireland? Some sort of racing course, I think there was music playing there. Can't remember all too well as the only time I ever ventured into one, I had to hold my breath so long I actually fainted and landed face-down in muck (Yes, muck, I checked. It was outside the toilet). Still, it only took paramedics about 35mins to check if I was alright/alive.

Anyway, apart from that, I'd say the alley between geoffs and yeats college in Waterford. Smells like a sewer after 2am on a friday night.

William Hills Monkstown farm. You know the toilet from trainspotting? Yeah thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Can't believe you still have to pay to use the toilets in Busaras. Quite true what was said before - are you going to arrest me for using the toilet without paying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Eamon Dorans

Especially when the floor is covered in vomit.
    KaG1888 wrote: »
    William Hills Monkstown farm. You know the toilet from trainspotting? Yeah thats it
    I'm tempted to pop in there sometime now....live close enough to it. It's a dodgy oul place though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is Connolly station not worse than busaras?

connolly is not great, think its just trying to find the jacks in the first place in busarus, then havng to pay for the privledge in UV light just adds to the horriblle experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Once again, a reminder that MCD events/venues must not be mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Am I allowed to mention a big shopping centre in north Dublin? When my child or I need to use the toilets there, we end up moving from cubicle to cubicle before we find one that's usable. You wouldn't want to be in a hurry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Another vote for Busaras here. The last time I used one of those, I really and truly felt like I was entering the scene of a snuff movie or something. I felt extremely relieved when I walked back up the stairs. There was a dude just standing at one wall facing a big row of urinals staring into the distance.
    He looked like the type that would carry a hammer with him, in case he might need one. Creepy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Tellox wrote: »
    The worst toilets in Ireland? Some sort of racing course, I think there was music playing there. Can't remember all too well as the only time I ever ventured into one, I had to hold my breath so long I actually fainted and landed face-down in muck (Yes, muck, I checked. It was outside the toilet). Still, it only took paramedics about 35mins to check if I was alright/alive.

Anyway, apart from that, I'd say the alley between geoffs and yeats college in Waterford. Smells like a sewer after 2am on a friday night.
    you have to queue to get into that alley these days
    theres one of them in cork too, runs parallel to tuckey street and washington street beside that little park

for me the worst is semple stadium on munster final day though, or my old school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Karoma wrote: »
    Cork bus station gets a vote from me. *shudder*]

The ladies are fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement