Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mirror

Options
  • 19-01-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Where could you get a mirror for a 99 renault master van? It's for the drivers side... I only need the glass... Someone broke mine new years eve night.. It's all cracked and it's a pain in d ass to drive with.. I'v tried the local car parts dealers and none of them can get it.. Also tried the renault dealership and they want €50 + VAT.... No way I'm going to pay that much for a piece of mirror glass..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Halfords might be able to get you one.

Other options would be e-bay, a scrap yard or www.traynors.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

unfortunatly there isn't a Halfords near me in athlone! I emailed a few ppl in ebay and they can't seem to give me an answer as to wether or not the mirror glass will definetly fit my 99 renault master van or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If the glass is just a bit cracked you could try get a thin mirror panel in a hardware store and cut it to size and use a good adhesive to stick it to the old cracked mirror.

This will only wok of there is a normal crack along the mirror and get a decent adhesive if doing it.

Done it to my old car as it was a rare jap import so impossible to get a mirror. Looked perfect, not even noticeable.

Don't think that will work for me as the mirror has a million cracks all over it...

• Advertisement

Ok well just bought a mirror off a crowd on ebay who reckon the mirror will fit my van so I gues time will tell if it fits or not...

Just one small question now.. How do I remove the existing mirror and fit the new one onto my mirror base plate?

Advertisement