Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Portarlington

Options
  • 19-01-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there I was thinking of moving to Portarlington. I'm from Drogheda. Do you think this might be a mad move. I was looking at a place around the Oaks. I got talking to some local people when I went looking and they seemed really sound.
    I didnt get that feeling when looking in Port Laoise. Any suggestions!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'm currently living in Portarlington. I think it's a great town.It's not to big or not to small. It's got loads of amenities.Not to far from Dublin.

I see you have also posted in the thread about how Port is gone to the dogs. I say the town has changed over the years, but it's still a great place to live IMO

As compared to Drogheda it's hard for me to say as i know sweet feck all about the place.

Good look with your hunt anyway.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭shortcorner

Many thanks K. I was down there yesterday and this morning and it seems a real friendly place. And I am looking for somewhere thats a bit quiet. As for Drogheda (thats a kip lol) I mentioned it because I believe there is a bit of football rivalry between Dublin and Laois :)
    I have been living in Dublin for 9 years and its just gone too expensive.

Again thanks for you post. I might be asking for some advice about which are the good pubs if I move down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

hey shortcorner,

i have been in port since last march and i have had nothing bad to say about the place. its a lovely town and theres no bad vibes around. i really love it here.

best of luck with your move!

many thanks for your post Ruby, I will down again there today to decide on one of two places.
    Looking forward to the move :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

congratultions. so the move is definate for you then. well i honestly can say its a nice place to live. the night life isnt too mad but from what ive seen and experienced its a good night out if you go with a few mates. theres some lovely restaurants and any amount of chinese take aways!!!

best of luck with it. i can reccommend the anvil and the after dark and the continental for drinks. these are always busy at the weekend. and if you like live music o'dea's usually have live music in there. its a small pub but its good too.

when are you moving down? Do you know anyone or have any friends down here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Ports grand place to live I moved down in Aug so far have little to complain about! As for the Oaks is that in kilnacrourt woods? If so then it's a quiet estate. hths! ask if you want to know more!

Hi undecided,
    Thanks for your post. If I have any questions I will be sure to put them to you

Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pjamas

and the winner is? can you let us know if you decided to move? i,ve lived here a long time now and it is as was said in this thread a good town to live in. it has one of most things and plenty of chinese takeaways. women not too bad either. if you have moved already let me be the first to welcome you.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

pjamas wrote: »
    women not too bad either. if you have moved already let me be the first to welcome you.

lol thats a great a great review of the town!:D I'd say the auctioneers are queing up for your sales techniques!:D

Yep I have moved down and cheers for the welcoming!

• Advertisement
Advertisement