Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age did you lose your virginity?

• 19-01-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Well choose the poll options ;)

Dont post if its a lie, id rather you vote in the poll truthfully than give a bull**** answer in a post.

What age did you first have penatrative sex? 382 votes

12 or less
    0% 0 votes
    13 - 14
    2% 10 votes
    15 -16
    3% 15 votes
    17-18
    16% 64 votes
    19 - 20
    38% 148 votes
    21 - 22
    21% 81 votes
    23 - 24
    10% 39 votes
    25 - 30
    3% 12 votes
    over 30
    2% 10 votes
    Im still a virgin!
    0% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

*groan* Not another one!

Oh well, here come the lies and the bravado...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

"Oh man, I was 12 and my Swedish neighbour's hot mom gave me the works..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

3, I was with my girlfriend of 4 years at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I was propositioned at 12 and on a promise for when I was 18. Sadly it never happened. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm still a virgin.

Bet you don't see many 18 year olds admit to that eh?

I find the concept of sex a difficult one to get around. I'm usually not attracted to people much TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dudess.. stop trolling :D :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm still a virgin.

I did, soon afterwards, I had sex.
    :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I'm still a virgin.

I find the concept of sex a difficult one to get around. I'm usually not attracted to people much TBH.

Excellent answer !
    No rush.

• Advertisement

Having my cherry poped was one of the most horrible things ever!

Despite all the practicing i had done for years before hand, at home.. alone.. in the dark.. with a box of tissues and a 3 month old edition of me ma's hello magazine that she robbed out of the dentists waiting room

Fair play to you for knowing who you are.
    Guy over on PI isn't 18 yet and he's posted a thread on how freaked he is about "still" being a virgin. I bet most 18-year-olds are virgins. I too made the mistake of thinking that I should be doing it by 18 so I stupidly got it over with then - big regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm still a virgin.

Sure I waited until after my Leaving Cert, 6 months after I started going out with my boyfriend. I didn't see that there was any real rush. I was about 4 months off 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

is that you morrissey??

I see Kickoutthejams's inbox been full by tonight with women that think hes the nice, sensative type.. the new age man..

.. nice ploy dude... i should have thought of that one :D:p

janeybabe wrote: »
    Sure I waited until after my Leaving Cert, 6 months after I started going out with my boyfriend. I didn't see that there was any real rush. I was about 4 months off 19.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

There always seems to be a double standard though. A guy who sleeps around is a stud whereas a girl who does the same is a slag. Likewise a lotta guys I know who have had sex, prefer their girlfriends to be virgins. She has to be a virgin but he doesn't etc. Must be an ego thing as they want to go where no guy has gone before.

I know a guy who dated a 15 year old and ****ed her a few weeks after his 17th simply as he didn't want to hit 18 being a virgin.

Girls can get odd about me not wanting sex though, I posted this before in the "Describe your first sexual experience using MS paint". Sums up their attitudes pretty well:
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/cianmoran/Ciansfirsttime.jpg

snyper wrote: »
    I see Kickoutthejams's inbox been full by tonight with women that think hes the nice, sensative type.. the new age man..

.. nice ploy dude... i should have thought of that one :D:p

Actually no.

People might say "ah sure isn't he sweet" and think it'd be nice as it's a guy who doesn't just want sex.

But women like sex too, just not usually as the basis of a relationship.

Women I went out with before got very pissy about my asexuality.

Must be an ego thing as they want to go where no guy has gone before.

When you turn 30.. your chances of getting a virgin dwindles. :D

Besides, first time sex is normally crap, despite the talk of it been great..

Its kinda like the first time you go ice skatng..

The more you do it the better you get...

Yeah, I see what you mean.

There always seems to be a double standard though. A guy who sleeps around is a stud whereas a girl who does the same is a slag. Likewise a lotta guys I know who have had sex, prefer their girlfriends to be virgins. She has to be a virgin but he doesn't etc. Must be an ego thing as they want to go where no guy has gone before.

I know a guy who dated a 15 year old and ****ed her a few weeks after his 17th simply as he didn't want to hit 18 being a virgin.

Girls can get odd about me not wanting sex though, I posted this before in the "Describe your first sexual experience using MS paint". Sums up their attitudes pretty well:
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/cianmoran/Ciansfirsttime.jpg

I think it's so sad that people think like that, like losing their virginity is suddenly going to make them a man (or a woman!) or cool in some way. They do it so they can brag to their friends.

Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to go out and lose their virginity it's fine, but doing it at 17 just so you're not a virgin at 18 is sad.

I know a girl who lost her virginity at 21, but had spent 4 years wondering why she hadn't lost it yet. She placed so much importance on it, talked about it constantly. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was because she was scared of men and came across as standoffish!

The 'right time' is different for everyone anyway.

****ed her a few weeks after his 17th simply as he didn't want to hit 18 being a virgin.
    Pitiful really but easy for me to say that since I have somewhat more perspective.
    Girls can get odd about me not wanting sex though... But women like sex too, just not usually as the basis of a relationship.
    Women I went out with before got very pissy about my asexuality.
    Strange you've got such a reaction from females. But I assume they're your age - many of them are probably also virgins and keen to get it over with. I think the older a girl gets the more she'd find you an absolute dream! So maybe go for older women!

I don't think you're asexual, you're just not interested in boning any female who doesn't look like the Elephant Man. Maybe you're a late bloomer ("late" as in not a horny teenager, you'll no doubt be a horny 20-something!) I was the very same, which made my losing my virginity at 18, just to get it over with, all the more stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I was 15 and looking back i kinda regret it but i wanted it at the time and cant change the past so ah well

Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to go out and lose their virginity it's fine
    Except they have to really want it - on their terms. A person might think they want to, just to keep up with their peers, but if it wasn't for that they probably wouldn't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yeah my first time was ****e as well, But it was with someone I didnt care about....

I think it would have been better with someone I loved..

Now when I popped my OH's cherry, Well now that was fantastic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Yeah, I was always for 'no sex before marriage', unfortunately, I lost mine a couple of months short of my 22nd birthday, didn't really want to, but the combination of alcohol, it being after my friend's wedding, and low self-esteem led to me being talked into it. Regretted it ever since.
    Don't get me wrong, I've had some great experiences since, but I still wish it hadn't been when, how and with the person it was!!

Kickoutthejams, I totally respect your beliefs, fair play to ya!!! :)

I think it would have been better with someone I loved..

I loved her.. she loved me.. didnt stop me from throwing up later with nerves because i went in with no hat.... Meah, i was an innocent kid at the time..

I look back now and it makes me laugh.. at the time i didnt laugh!

Dudess wrote: »
    Except they have to really want it - on their terms. A person might think they want to, just to keep up with their peers, but if it wasn't for that they probably wouldn't want to.

True, a lot of it is to do with peer pressure, which is a pity. But there are people out there who will do it for this reason and wont regret it. (And some that will!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Creature wrote: »
    3, I was with my girlfriend of 4 years at the time.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

True, a lot of it is to do with peer pressure, which is pathetic

fyp.

tbh.

imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

17 and it was rotten.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote: »
    fyp.

tbh.

imo.

Dude I got so confused there, thought I'd written pathetic! I couldn't remember if I could even spell pathetic!

Advertisement