Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age did you lose your virginity?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 mazdafarl

someone voted 30+ haha what a loser, with all the fat desparete chicks out there why on earth would you just sit in your room at 30+ being a virgin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

mazdafarl wrote: »
    someone voted 30+ haha what a loser, with all the fat desparete chicks out there why on earth would you just sit in your room at 30+ being a virgin

Maybe as not everyone considers sex to be so important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And maybe they'd rather wait until they met someone they're attracted to rather than shagging one of said "fat desperate chicks" just because they're "supposed" to be having sex by that age. And also, maybe "they're" not a guy...?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

The ripe old age of 20 and 4 months...i.e. 2 months ago. :o:o:o I agree there is some sort of stigma attached to being a virgin past your teens, though I personally never judge and have never given losing mine much thought (not the decision to lose it, that obviously involved a lot of thought, but I mean beforehand, during my teen-dom). *Most* teenagers are a very long way off being emotionally ready for it anyway and just seem to make a hurried (possibly peer inspired) decision because they feel there is some sort of expiry date on virginity being cool.What's the rush people?!

If I could go back I would have waited until 22 or 23. I know for definite that when I lost it I was too young. Yeah I was the legal age, everything was in place biologically but that does not mean I was ready for it. Unfortunately there seems to be a message to teenagers that once you're set up biologically you'd better get cracking.
    But I really don't know where this message is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You'll likely die holding an anatomy chart and a tube sock.

Now that i've made it past the teens having hung onto the virginity is not nearly as big an issue as it was even a year ago. It'll happen when it happens, and I've heard of plenty of people lose it at ages 14-18 and it can really warp you for a while: not to mention your odds of catching something go up. Know a guy that lost it at 14 and for 8 years now he's just been addicted to sex: hasn't done anything with his life.

Oh, all those teenage pregnancies... sitting in the 7th grade (1st year) next to a 14 year old girl, 6 months pregnant, is an unsettling thing :rolleyes:

Papillon87 wrote: »
    The ripe old age of 20 and 4 months...i.e. 2 months ago. :o:o:o I agree there is some sort of stigma attached to being a virgin past your teens, though I personally never judge and have never given losing mine much thought. *Most* teenagers are a very long way off being emotionally ready for it anyway and just seem to make a hurried (possibly peer inspired) decision because they feel there is some sort of expiry date on virginity being cool.What's the rush people?!

+1

I am honestly not attempting to justify it to myself (cue Monica in that episode of friends The One that Never Was "it's not like I never had the opportunity")

I just think so many people nowadays get so hung up on what is just a very nice and natural bodily function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dudess wrote: »
    If I could go back, I would have waited until 22 or 23.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had a boyfriend at 18 who I loved I would have waited til I was older as well. Mainly because there is no way I would have found anyone due to my lack of social skills! And also because I wouldn't have cared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

And maybe they'd rather wait until they met someone they're attracted to rather than shagging one of said "fat desperate chicks" just because they're "supposed" to be having sex by that age. And also, maybe "they're" not a guy...?
    Ignore it Dudess, he's clearly 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Overheal wrote: »
    You'll likely die holding an anatomy chart and a tube sock.

Now that i've made it past the teens having hung onto the virginity is not nearly as big an issue as it was even a year ago. It'll happen when it happens, and I've heard of plenty of people lose it at ages 14-18 and it can really warp you for a while: not to mention your odds of catching something go up.

Oh, all those teenage pregnancies... sitting in the 7th grade (1st year) next to a 14 year old girl, 6 months pregnant, is an unsettling thing :rolleyes:
    Lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Unfortunately there seems to be a message to teenagers that once you're set up biologically you'd better get cracking.
    But I really don't know where this message is coming from.

Yeah, that's very true. It's almost like, "Wow, well, I've got the boobs and period now....READY!" God, looking back I was such an innocent at that stage, can't imagine myself having been sexually active!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Yeah, but then you'd have to sleep with a fat desperate bird which is only a recipe for disaster. I'd rather be a 30 year old virgin than be crushed between the thighs of Mushu, the great white whale of love.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Lmao.

and yet every word of it is truth :)

for those who said 12 or under: anyone care to share? Was it something you're happy with now or do you regret it in hindsight?
    I'd rather be a 30 year old virgin than be crushed between the thighs of Mushu, the great white whale of love.

ah but she'd be so cuddly ;) seriously I'll take some love handles over an anorexic throw pillow any day. And I'm not alone there: who says you have to be a size 2 supermodel to get attention? What an awful way to think.

Either taking the piss or sexual abuse tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Either taking the piss or sexual abuse tbh.

QFT, mostly the former I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

17 and a half....none since lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

And I'm not alone there: who says you have to be a size 2 supermodel to get attention?

Agreed. Mary Harney, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Well i am 29 so i am hoping sometime soon:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Slow coach wrote: »

Yes, i would.. for money... lots of it... and a 6 pack.. and a bottle of body scrub.

.........pass.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 mazdafarl

Id split mary harneys arsehole open, give her a squeeze and gobble up all she had to offer (the 'offerings' as I call it)

well change your sig then.. ;)

Its giving out the wrong message :D

Id split mary harneys arsehole open, give her a squeeze and gobble up all she had to offer (the 'offerings' as I call it)

Seek Medical Help :eek:

Best thing about a bj from MAry Harney:

you know she's gonna swallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

snyper wrote: »
    Well choose the poll options ;)

Dont post if its a lie, id rather you vote in the poll truthfully than give a bull**** answer in a post.

About the time you were conceived.

:eek: At 29 your time is running out! Time for what exactly... I don't know, but nevertheless it IS running out! ;)
    I've heard of plenty of people lose it at ages 14-18 and it can really warp you for a while
    Yep, I had a crap first time (now I wasn't damaged emotionally by it or anything and I certainly didn't feel "used" or "dirty" as some girls are apparently supposed to feel, but... ew... I can't describe it. Something was just "off"). Anyway, the following autumn I started college and had a few stupid encounters (always after lots of drink) - this was what college life was supposed to be about wasn't it...?! Anyway it dawned on me that it was doing absolutely nothing for me so I decided to stop just having sex for the sake of it and wait until I met a guy with whom I actually wanted to have a relationship. It happened all right - when I was 22. At that stage I was kind of a "born again virgin" and it was MUCH better.
    janeybabe wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the fact that I had a boyfriend at 18 who I loved I would have waited til I was older as well. Mainly because there is no way I would have found anyone due to my lack of social skills!
    I'd say you're perfectly balanced, just a bit shy. Don't think that about yourself - that's just pandering to the notion that you don't deserve a shag or a boyfriend/girlfriend if you're shy/quiet.
    And also because I wouldn't have cared.
    That's better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

I was 14 and at the time it seemed the right time. Looking back now........it's not that I regret having sex at that age as such.more that I kinda regret who I started having sex with!lol

Just after I turned 16, no regrets
    which seems to be rare

Bluewolf, if you don't mind me saying so, reading your posts over the past two years or thereabouts, you seem a lot more mature than your years. Just saw your date of birth - you're six days older than my cousin yet you might as well be six years older. So, given the above, I've no doubt you were emotionally mature enough to have sex at 16. When my cousin was your age there is no way she'd have been ready for it - she's still like a 14-year-old and so are her mates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

bluewolf wrote: »
    Just after I turned 16, no regrets
    which seems to be rare

Well, the reason I have regrets about who I lost it to is cos he basically fecked up my life for the next 5 years or so - bit of an a**hole and I ended up seeing a counsellor (not cos I lost my virginity to him, just due to his treatment of me in general:P) I realise now that I allowed him to do that to me and I don't regret it from the point of view it made me a stronger person and is alot to do with who I am today. I just wish I'd given my virginity to someone more deserving!

Advertisement