Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age did you lose your virginity?

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Zee Deveel

12 might not have been considered way out of line when people were usually dead by 35 / 40, when life was a hell of a lot harsher, and kids had to grow up a lot more quickly. Even at that, I think most societies would have considered 12 somewhat young ...

Certainly, nowadays, it is very young, even allowing that some kids mature far faster than others (I mean mentally / emotionally, rather than physically).

That said, I would see a big difference between, say, a man of 20 with all his mental faculties having sex with a 12 or 13 year old, and two kids of that age "experimenting" with one another. I wouldn't be thrilled about either scenario, but I would argue that they are very different issues.

It's really only in recent times (the last few generations) that the concepts of childhood, adolescence and teens really came about. It used to be that you were a child, turned 12, and then were an adults. Laws and social norms such as marriages, jobs, schooling all reflect that general attitude.

And just to throw in, I lost mine at 12, not in any sort of ideal circumstances, quite traumatic, really, and that while that is quite messed up, my (now) boyfriend lost his at 13 to a girl of similar age and that was no big deal at all to either involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

lolipops wrote: »
    im 15 and still a virgin.. i want to wait for the right person, i dont think im emotionally mature enough to do it yet. id like to wait until im 17 or so. :rolleyes:
    "Still" a virgin at 15?! Do you feel you should have some bit of experience by now or something?! Christ, you're not much more than half my age and I have friends who only lost their virginity a few years ago! If loads of your peers are claiming they're getting their rocks off, don't take any notice - there's a good chance they're lying. And if they're not, well you seem to have your own mind. Kudos to you for deciding to wait until you're legal. And if you'd prefer to leave it until after that, well then do. Even if it seems like it, there really is no rush.
    Kold wrote: »
    Pics of hymen or you're a 40 yr old slut.
    Kold, careful now...
    lolipops wrote: »
    erm i dont need to prove myself to you lol and why they hell would someone take pictures of their hymen and send them to some potential child mincing pedofile who is 40 and lives with their mom.
    well hmmmmmmmm?
    He's not being serious, lolipops. You're new to this place, you'll get used to their humour eventually. No personal abuse please.
    Zee Deveel wrote: »
    my (now) boyfriend lost his at 13 to a girl of similar age and that was no big deal at all to either involved.
    It's still kinda shocking that it would have entered their heads to do it in the first place though. But I suppose people develop at different stages.

Jeez, I can see why!

I was going to say "little bitch" but then again I suppose she was very young too ...
    Yeah.We were around the same age.I don't hold a grudge though.She was just heartbroken by me!:)

Advertisement