Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RivaTuner and Vista 64

Options
  • 19-01-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Not sure whats going on but rivaTuner will not allow me to move the mem and clock frequencies up.
    whenever I click on auto-detect rather then reboot it will not ungrey the options.
    anyone with 64bit got this working?Using forceware 169.25.
    Even Ntune has the options greyed out:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Works fine for me, Rivatuner v2.06 same driver & 64bit Vista. Different gpu tho, but that shouldn't matter.
    Uninstall, reboot & reinstall it see if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

maybe I fried the feckin thing.:D

you know when you first install and click "detect" and it shows you the clock settings?Well mine are grey'd out and with an N/A beside them!

Is there a way to reset the GPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

did you use the signed drivers for rivatuner?

signed?
    well I bypassed vista authentication by doing an F8.

weird though that ntune cant clock it either.

seems like all driver level clocking is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ok... i'm going to assume you are using Rivatuner 2.06. In the folder with the install file there should of been a file named something like "RivaTuner206Drv.rtu", you need to install Rivatuner, then copy that file into rivatuners install directory then reinstall rivatuner again to use the signed drivers for Vista so you won't have to press F8 when rebooting.

Let me know if this solves your issue with overclocking.

Also, I really hope this isn't your problem, but are you sure you've actually put a tick in the box in rivatuner where it says "enable driver-level hardware overclocking"?

• Advertisement

tried to re-install about ten times now.

this is what I see.and when I select detect now it flicks to the window behind it and it remains greyed out and it automatically takes the check out of "enable driver level hardware overclocking"

riva.jpg

Ok no worries lads got it sorted.

had to go to customize on the adapter and choose custom on the GPU ID.

Works now.Ta.

Advertisement