Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Insulation Experts

Options
  • 19-01-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hiya,

My neighbour in the apartment above me has wooden floors and the noise is extremely bad. Both my neighbour and myself want to have this problem resolved.

Can anybody recommend an expert who can tell us how to resolve the noise issues ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Check first if wooden floors are actually allowed in the apartment complex. Some apparently do not allow them. Could be a simple solution!

If they are, you will have to look at installing soundproofing on your own ceiling, which I'm sure you don't want to have to do. There is not usually any ceiling space in apartment buildings where you could run soundproofing as you would in a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MPete

Unfortunately there is nothing in the lease against the installation of wooden flooring. My neighbours maintain they have insulated correctly so its looking like I will have to soundproof.

Spoke to one company about it and they quoted me 10k to do it. Trying to shop around to see how that price compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jayzee

Hi,
    I am having similar problems and would appreciate it if you could post the names of any companies you have spoken to about this.

Advertisement