Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a front Tyre

• 19-01-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

I got a puncture last weekend while I was driving on the M4. However because of the speed I was going at (wasn't breaking the limit if that's what your thinking :p), the tyre can't be repaired.

What I want to know is where would be the best place (in dublin) to go and get a new tyre? and what would I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

stepbar wrote: »
    I got a puncture last weekend while I was driving on the M4. However because of the speed I was going at (wasn't breaking the limit if that's what your thinking :p), the tyre can't be repaired.

What I want to know is where would be the best place (in dublin) to go and get a new tyre? and what would I expect to pay?

Unless the matching tyre on the other side of the car (on same axle) is next to new, you are better off replacing both. Front or back?

Any trye place that isn't a rat-infested hole can do this for you. They're all competitive but if you want an approximation in price, give us the size- it'll be on teh side of the tyre and be written as XXX / YY R Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

cantdecide wrote: »
    Unless the matching tyre on the other side of the car (on same axle) is next to new, you are better off replacing both. Front or back?

Any trye place that isn't a rat-infested hole can do this for you. They're all competitive but if you want an approximation in price, give us the size- it'll be on teh side of the tyre and be written as XXX / YY R Z

It's the front left. Not so sure what size it is. When it stops railing I'll go out and have a look. All four tyres were replaced back in march 07.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What kind of car is it? Does it have it's standard factory fitted wheels (or bigger aftermarket alloys).

Keeping tyres in matching pairs is very important for the health of your car and also safety as they're the only things keeping the car shiny-side-up in bad conditions.

Do you know how much driving you've done in 10 mths?? If it's very little, replacing one might be fine but try and replace it with the same brand and series if you can.

If it's borderline, put the pair from the back onto the front and put the odd pair onto the back (and don't rotate them- leav thenm there until they both need changing again).

If you've done a lot of driving and there's a nice deal of wear, if the tyres aren't expensive, I'd really consider getting a new pair for the front

Advertisement