Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser

Options
  • 19-01-2008 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there,

My future mother-in-law needs a hair trial for our wedding which is soon. Her daughter has asked me which hairdresser in Greystones would be the best for this? It'll be a wash and blow dry basically but she has a hairband type thing for the wedding which will need to be put in and the hair arranged around it.

I don't get my hair done in Greystones at all so I was hoping someone could help.

Any recommendations?
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hairdressers were discussed some time ago and I think the consensus was that Kudos is very good and Sin É has terrible customer service, thanks to the manageress type woman, but the staff themselves were good.

No doubt the wimmin will let you know...

Eoin_S has a recommendation for a mobile hairdresser, I think. PM him and he'll pass on the details, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

I've been to Kudos twice with mixed results. First time just for a cut, very pleased with the result. Second time for highlights and cut, colour was fine but the same woman who did the colour did the cut (which I thought was a bit strange at the time) and it wasn't a good cut at all, she barely touched my hair. They charge €50 now for a cut and at that price, frankly, I'd expect a lot better. Having said that, the first time was great so I guess it depends (as with most hairdressers) on who you get. I didn't get the name of the woman the first time and I'm not sure she's still there as she wasn't there the next time I went, but maybe someone else will be able to recommend someone by name? I wouldn't recommend just going there on spec.

Sin e - one experience, not to be repeated!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin_S has a recommendation for a mobile hairdresser, I think. PM him and he'll pass on the details, I'm sure.

Must be thinking of someone else, Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Love reading about Sin E . She's so rude that in a Basil Fawlty sort of way; she's very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

I find Kudos excellent ring them and explain what you want or just ask for one of the senior hairdressers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I think Kudos is fantastic as well. Ask for Meleyna and you won't be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Thanks for the help guys! :D

You've just allowed me to tick something else off my ever expanding to-do list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

I just saw this and had to reply. I do not recommend Kudos at all, I had the most horrible expierience there and would not want anyone else to have to go through it. The first time I went was good so I made an appointment to go again. I got some highlights and to say they turned out horrendous was an understatement. I actually cried about it for a few days before going back in there to get them to rectify it. The customer service was terrible and they weren't apologetic at all. One of my friends who also lives in Charlesland went there unaware of my bad expierience and she also had a terrible time, she ended up with orange streaks through her hair which was not the desired look. I'm now sticking with my original hairdresser in blackrock, I feel its not worth experimenting after that expierience.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

The hairdresser in Kilcoole is great - called "Creative Touch", beside Nikki's fruit and veg shop and such good value - way cheaper than everywhere else, you wouldn't believe. Very small and no space to move, but very friendly and lovely staff and they usually put a packet of biscuits beside your cup of tea - like being in someones house - so nice!
    Also, great as you can park outside the door, which is why I always go to the que-less Post Office up there too!!!
    There is a really good hairdresser there which I always prefer/like, she used to work in Toni N Guy. I won't print her name here in case she objects to it, so if anyone needs it, please PM me!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xNmx

I know this hasn't been discussed in while but just to let everyone know, the rude receptionist who like to pretend she owned sin e has left. she's taken her lack of personality and poor customer skills off to spain. since she's left the actual owner has been at the salon mush more frequently and she is a delight. altho i felt like boycotting the place while dragon lady was there, I have returned as they are great hairdressers and have very fair prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

that sounds a lot better -- has anyone had a manicure there? I have a wedding on Friday and need to get my manky nails sorted tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I had a french polish there before. The woman who did it was quite rude and not particularly pleasant. Didn't do a great job either....

I don't want to make it out to be all bad cos I've had some great cuts there!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

GAN wrote: »
    that sounds a lot better -- has anyone had a manicure there? I have a wedding on Friday and need to get my manky nails sorted tomorrow!!

A friend gets hers done in Kudos, they do a good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cheers

Creative touch Kilcoole is the place to go, I do everything in greystones and like many tried all the Hairdressers here but never one I was totally happy with until I went to Kilcoole. Tiny place but they are GREAT, always come out with a smile on my face and never regret going there, and very reasonable.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

I recently got my hair cut in Sin E and frankly, it was one of the worst cuts I've ever had. Stay away unless all you need is a blowdry.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

ladies (and gents) , you have to try the cleanest, friendliest and best hairdressers in the area.... on the left on the way into Kilcoole... the Lithuanian girls

• Registered Users Posts: 6 louly79

Hi just reading all your comments, I have tried all the hairdressers in greystones with no joy. Seems its all just highlights and straight forward cuts. I have found a girl who works in style club in town but doing home hair now in the greystones / wicklow area. She is very good with all new techniques including balayage and american tailoring colouring techniques and cutting. If you want to know more reply to this thread.
    thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

My daughter goes to Orlagh in Kudos and has never been dissappointed. She went to the one in Tesco's..... never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Have to say I agree with Sin é. Not the cleanest either...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

What's the one in Kilcoole (there are so many)?

Kudos I find far too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 louly79

Anyone looking for a mobile hairdresser in charlesland or greystones I found an excellent girl. PM me if you want her number. All new techniques like the balayage and really reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 squiff

Hi there, I was wondering if you guys knew the prices of any student cuts in these hairdressers. I'm particularly interested in that on in Kilcoole. Thanks a mil :)

Kudos v high end and good... pricey.
    Creative touch in kilcoolie, v small local and lovely and rachel /bridget /fiona/mark great... dont know the other hdressers there... great value too
    NarkyBoots wrote: »
    Hi there,

My future mother-in-law needs a hair trial for our wedding which is soon. Her daughter has asked me which hairdresser in Greystones would be the best for this? It'll be a wash and blow dry basically but she has a hairband type thing for the wedding which will need to be put in and the hair arranged around it.

I don't get my hair done in Greystones at all so I was hoping someone could help.

Any recommendations?
    :confused:

What's the one in Kilcoole (there are so many)?

Kudos I find far too expensive.

Creative touch kilcoole great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lorlor72

louly79 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a mobile hairdresser in charlesland or greystones I found an excellent girl. PM me if you want her number. All new techniques like the balayage and really reasonable.
    Hi can you let me know the girls no pls ?? Tnks :-)

Advertisement