Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL digi box

Options
  • 19-01-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if, when you cancel your subscription to NTL/CHORUS do they come and take back the digi box?
    Reason im asking is that I cancelled about 5 months ago and still have the boxes (Had multi-room). Can i sell them or give them away or will NTL come looking for them.
    Thanks for reading, hope you can help.:)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

From the NTL terms and conditions:
    9.2 The Equipment belongs to us and you must not give anyone else any rights over it.
    We may add to or substitute it as necessary to provide the Services or for other valid
    reasons.
    9.9 From the time we deliver the Equipment to you until you return the Equipment to us
    you must take reasonable care of it. You must not and must not allow anyone else (other
    than an ntl representative) to add to, interfere or modify the Equipment in any way and
    the splitting of lines and or cable by you is strictly not allowed. As well as any other
    rights we may have, such action may result in our suspending the Services, terminating
    the Agreement and/or our retaining the whole or a part of any deposit.
    On termination of this Agreement you shall return all the Equipment at your own cost to
    our offices within 14 days of the date of termination unless otherwise agreed. If you fail
    to return all the Equipment you will be invoiced for the cost of replacing the Equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Doesnt matter what u do with it, its useless. It wont do anything without a valid ntl subscription and card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Cancelled mine last summer.Last week a bloke knocked at door looking for it back, the wife was at home alone and it was around 7pm..He seemed a bit sketchy to her and she asked could he call back when I was at home. She said he seemed a bit pi$$ed when asked to call back.

I rang Ntl to be told that they only collect boxes if the customer requests so. He knew by my account that a request wasn't put in, and I asked was it normal for someone to call so late? He replied that it was indeed strange. He also said they normally leave boxes with customers in case they want to go back to Ntl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

mad m wrote: »
    ...He also said they normally leave boxes with customers in case they want to go back to Ntl.

I wonder does that happen often?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

NTL cut me off a while after I moved my account to my new house.
    When I rang them, they could find no record of me ever having an account with them and wanted an extra 50 quid to set up a new account. Ended up giving up and going with Sky. About a month later I got a fairly snotty letter from NTL demanding their digibox back or threatening to charge me for it - I never had NTL digital. I sent them back a fairly annoyed e-mail and they apologised and dropped it.

So they might still come looking for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭JohnC.

We still have 2 NTL boxes and MMDS antenna 2 years after leaving them. They said they would collect them a couple of times in the early days, but they never did. Probably forgotten about by now, but they are in the attic just in case.

Advertisement