Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom League: Early prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I'd like to see Drogs to keep drifting on this market. Would be nice to get them at 5/2. Anyone come across betting for the SSC yet? Also looking forward to seeing the price of Sporting Fingal. Hopefully they are given something over 30s :) - this lot have big plans and if they are put in place before March I can see them going the distance in their first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

raheny red wrote: »
    I'd like to see Drogs to keep drifting on this market. Would be nice to get them at 5/2. Anyone come across betting for the SSC yet? Also looking forward to seeing the price of Sporting Fingal. Hopefully they are given something over 30s :) - this lot have big plans and if they are put in place before March I can see them going the distance in their first season.

Havn't seen anything on the SSC which i'm surprised at. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

This season will be my first to take an interest in the Eircom League and i've chosen Sporting Fingal to support seeming as they will be closest to me.

We'll have to see their official squad list before presuming they will walk the 1st division if they make it in. Their meeting with the FAI sometime next week to discuss things and soon after will release their players names proper.

The bookies are smart though as we all know. They'll evaluate the team and give them the right price. I don't see them over 30's though! Probably something safe like 6/1 or something depending on the team they reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

dsmythy wrote: »
    The bookies are smart though as we all know. They'll evaluate the team and give them the right price. I don't see them over 30's though! Probably something safe like 6/1 or something depending on the team they reveal.

The UK bookies haven't really got a clue and several times in the past year have been burnt. Corals had Drogheda at 7/1 for the league last year. I got Pats at 4/1 to win setanta group, and Pats were available at 33s for the league last year (a great e/w bet)

Shels were odds on to win their opening games last year despite having only got a squad together a day or so before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dodge wrote: »
    The UK bookies haven't really got a clue and several times in the past year have been burnt. Corals had Drogheda at 7/1 for the league last year. I got Pats at 4/1 to win setanta group, and Pats were available at 33s for the league last year (a great e/w bet)

Shels were odds on to win their opening games last year despite having only got a squad together a day or so before the deadline.

I'll be looking out for that so. Surprised they didn't look up the Irish bookies to check their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Guarantee they won't let you have much on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

A lot will depend on signings.

I see Cork City are 11/2. That will a good price if the signing in the offing are completed. Don't see Drogheda having it as easy this year. Last year their squad won them the title and no other team could compete with them on that front. But as a first 11, Cork and Pats were just as good.

Bohs have added real quality in important areas so I would have them as my tip at the moment.

Bohs have added real quality in important areas so I would have them as my tip at the moment.
    Byrne is the only real enhancement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ken Oman was the best defender in the league last year and will be a big improvement on McGuinness.

Killian Brennan is a good player but not as significant as the other 2 signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Ken Oman was the best defender in the league last year and will be a big improvement on McGuinness.

Killian Brennan is a good player but not as significant as the other 2 signings.
    Oman is a class act but McGuiness was probably the best outfield player for Bohs after Owen Heary. I would expect to see these two re-united at centre half for Bohs this year with Burns either moving on elsewhere or being used as back-up.

I agree that Bohs look good value at those odds. Fenlon has won league titles in the past and knows what's expected. Byrne up front will make a huge difference and if Crowe or Mansaram can chip in with a couple of goals too then I think they'll be there or there abouts come November.

Brennan will also be an improvement on Dessie Byrne should he decide to play him left full, and Joxer is likely to be given more licence to show his talent under Fenlon. Should be an interesting season. I'll be sticking a few quid on anyway!

Fair cop, totally forgot about Oman who is definitely an improvement to Bohs team

• Advertisement
Advertisement