Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed re printable quality of photos

• 19-01-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Ive been sent a link to a picasa web album and I want to put the photos onto DVD and send them to my Aunt. The photos need to be of a very good quality as she will be printing them off herself.

I know how to burn photos onto a DVD using Roxio DVD burner, but what Id like to know is if I need to save the photos to the DVD using any particular size or resolution so that they are of high enough quality to print? Im pretty new to all this tech stuff, so Id appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

It depends what size you want to have them printed at. What you need to look at are the dimensions in pixels, then check out something like this. If you're re-saving them at any point and get a chance to choose the quality or amount of compression, always go for the highest quality or least compression to avoid getting something called jpg artifacting that looks like a kind of blocky effect and it's yeuch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Theoretically, if you save it with 300 ppi (points per pixel), you shouldn't get wrong. If you know the size of the prints. But quality of prints is not bad even with 200 ppi.
    Save it as JPG but with maximal quality. You are going to burn a DVD, so there shouldn't be problem with file size and free space.

Advertisement