Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable cctv cameras in douglas

Options
  • 19-01-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Only noticed them last night,one outside centra in the east of the village and one at the junction at the end of the hill by Dailys.There could well be more around the place.

Whats the story with them,has there been trouble or are they there too deter trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I guess they are primarily so Gardai know who to send the penalty points to. There's another two other than the ones you've pointed out; One at the T junction past Daily's, past that narrow bridge. Another is watching the junction with the stop sign coming into Douglas from Carrigaline.

Because of the junctions they're at, I would imagine they're there to spot people not sticking to the rules of the road. Outside Centra? Maybe to stop youngsters hanging out and getting into mischief?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

It's all good,I'm sure the cop watch will have a good laugh at 2am when barrys close late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I saw two of these last weekend on the old Carrigaline Road between the fingerpost and the church. Thought it must be the Gardai but next day I saw a TMS (traffic management system) van taking them down. Looks like they're just counting cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

magic.. can resume running the stop sign then.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

rymus wrote: »
    magic.. can resume running the stop sign then.
    Yep , that has to be the daftest juction in Cork. What would be wrong with a give-way , or even a normal junction(making the traffic coming up the hill wait to turn right)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement