Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!! uTorrent not working

Options
  • 19-01-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi folks. For some strange reason I am no longer able to download with uTorrent. It just stopped in working in the past few days. Any torrent I use shows 0 seeds and 0 peers when there clearly are loads out there. Also I get a tracker error saying “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.”:confused:

I tried to set up azureus but this doesn’t work either…

Any Ideas? I am running windows XP and have broadband with BT using a BT voyager wireless modem. I have searched the web but I get lost with all scary talk about port forwarding etc.:eek: as far as I know nothing has changed on my machine. Haven’t installed anything new.

Any help appreciated….

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cbr900

Make sure your running the latest version (1.7.6) as there was an update released Jan 15 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

There is a bug that will allow a malicious user to crash your client. There are rumors that it may be even possible to execute code.

You can read more on this issue here: http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-clients-vulnerable-to-remote-dos-attack-080117/

"The uTorrent team state the flaw affects all older uTorrent versions 1.6 and 1.7.x. too but have been quick to respond, releasing a new build - uTorrent 1.7.6 (build 7859) which has fixed the issue."

You may download the updated client here: http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.6/utorrent.exe
    You can also check for updates within the client itself, using Help -> Check for updates

"So far, the problem appears to affect these clients:

- BitTorrent 6.0 (build 5535)
    - uTorrent 1.7.5 (build 4602)
    - uTorrent 1.8 (alpha 7834)"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Floyd333 My utorrent has gone the exact same since yesterday

I use utorrent 1.7.5.. I will try that link that you posted markyboy and see what happens.. thanks

Advertisement