Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new light fitting in kitchen.

• 19-01-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

Just bought a new light fitting for the kitchen. Took the old one down before I looked what way it was wired. (I know) Anyway, there is a 2 gang and 3 gang switch in the kitchen. There are 2 twin and earth from the ceiling, a twin live with an earth and a single live, I know all earth go together and the neutrals go together, from what I remember I should take one live from each twin and earth, one from the twin live and put them together, the other 2 lives to another connector. Done all that but when I wired up the fitting nothing worked. Plus the outside light from the 3 gang and the under counter lights from the 3 gang don’t work. Anyone know what way the live wires go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Sorry Smoking_Kills,

I cant advise on that situation as I don't fully understand the thread. I am hoping that you left the light switches as they were. Also when working on this you need the power off at the board as it sounds like two way switching is in operation.

2 x T&E (2 x Live, 2 x Neutral and 2 x Earth)
    1 x single Live
    1 x TB&E (2 x live and 2 x Earth)

Sounds like the feeds are looped from the ceiling and the external light is also looped from this point (that is if the original light point was the end of the line as there are only 2 neutrals)

TBH this sounds like one for a sparks to check over, would take someone 10 min to sort it out, there are some combos of options, so I think this one is over and above a DIY issue.

Advertisement