Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Antara vs Captiva, are GM taking the pi$$?

• 19-01-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

chevrolet_captiva.jpg

060904006.jpg

What do you folks think? Or is there something I'm missing!? Do GM think consumers are idiots... Or is it that they know consumers are idiots?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

well they certainly ain't rollin' in $$$$ so maybe they're just trying to make a quick buck before anyone catches on....seems you've spoiled it for them :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

ninty9er wrote: »
    well they certainly ain't rollin' in $$$$ so maybe they're just trying to make a quick buck before anyone catches on....seems you've spoiled it for them :D:D

Yeah but I'm far too thick to be the first one who spotted it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its a strange one alright, i mean you can get a 7 seat captiva but not an antara.However the antara, which i've sat into, is a very nice car to be in, seems very well built with good materials.That said, the one i was in was very well specced with red leather etc...Nearly 50000, i believe the price was.The prices you've metioned are for the 2.4 petrol models.I doubt anyone would buy one of these.The diesels cost from 36995 and 41350 respectively.However, the captiva is 2 wheel drive at this price but the antara is 4x4.the next one up in the captiva line up is 40995 which is 4 wheel drive and has 7 seats.What i also noticed on : http://www.carzone.ie/newcars/ is that the antara has 4 vented disks where the captiva has 2.Also more importantly, the antara has ESP as standard but the captiva does not in basic spec.TBH i would'nt but any of these cars.What i'd get is the new VW tiguan

Zonda999 wrote: »
    VW tiguan

+1
    .... In theory(a 21 year old young fella doesn't really need a baby jeep TBH!:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

VAG anyone?

you get a whole sliding scale with them SEAT/Skoda - VW - Audi. Got a budget? We've got a badge to suit it.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    VAG anyone?
    Huh? I know what a VAG is but what do u mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Rory123 wrote: »
    Huh? I know what a VAG is but what do u mean?

The rebadge any car you want and charge a premium for the badge. see above , you have the cheap option, Skoda/Seat. Middle of the road with VW and premium priced Audi.

Advertisement