Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F***ing culchies!!

Options
  • 19-01-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Preface: Yes I know thwe majority of blame comes my way!!

Where I live, we accept that people will park outside for Munster home matches. People also need to come and go to their cars.

Seems straightforward enough.

Why do the bastards have to walk in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. one was waving at tme to slow down this evening...I was 30km/h below the limit (i.e any slower I'd be stopped) I kept going and his arm met my wing mirror (still walking on the middle of the road even though he could see me coming for at least 20 seconds!!

What the HELL are footpaths for if not for walking on!! Maybe this should be included as part of the national curriculum at Leaving, sorry Junior and Leaving Cert level so culchies that come to town can F*ing use the things instead of the middle of the road. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rant Over!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

You're from that place outside of Dublin too. Are there different classifications of culchies? :confused:

/ confused Jackeen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

clown bag wrote: »
    You're from that place outside of Dublin too. Are there different classifications of culchies? :confused:

/ confused Jackeen

:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers clown bag, that put the smile back on my face;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

anytime my country cousin :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

you shouldn't have slowed down
    that'd learn him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

your in trouble there son, you cannot hit a person on the road,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sounds like the idiot walked into the car to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It happens, **** happens etc.

you shouldn't have slowed down
    that'd learn him!!!
    It occurred to me, but I like my paintwork:p:p

old boy wrote: »

I accept that, but should it not also follow if that he has his choice of footpaths 5 feet to either side he should use one of them:rolleyes::rolleyes: Heaven forbid:eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Yes you can, it's quite easy. Worst part is picking bits of hair out of the bumper though.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try living close the Gaelic Grounds too, they would park on your head if you left it there long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

How is Thomond park going to cope when it is full capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

when i lived in caherdavin a number of years ago, some IDIOT parked in my driveway, while attending a match in the gaelic grounds. My friend called round and parked up the behind of intruding car, the owner came back and was dancing a jig with rage, ringing the doorbell etc, which we obviously didn't answer for a very long time. the clown won't be parking on private property again in a hurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

when i lived in caherdavin a number of years ago, some IDIOT parked in my driveway, while attending a match in the gaelic grounds. My friend called round and parked up the behind of intruding car, the owner came back and was dancing a jig with rage, ringing the doorbell etc, which we obviously didn't answer for a very long time. the clown won't be parking on private property again in a hurry

Yeah some arsehole parked in front of my driveway yesterday so we parked behind his mercedes and ****ed off into town. The gimp had to wait about an hour and then had a go off me. I told him to bite the back of my sack.

99er stop publicising F.F. at every oppertunity, people were walking before you were a bad tought in your great grandaddys head, just because you were driving down the road, does not give you the right to mow down people, do you have a full licence, are you over 25, can you think properly, what kinda car do you drive,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I like Ron Mexico and whatsgoinon's approaches to dealing with this problem, I suppose another solution would be to time perfectly the installation of your new electronic gates to coincide with big matches. Failing that you could always sue the intruders for trespass

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

OP, was it that the 'culchie' was walking in the middle of the road, cos thicko car drivers parked up on the footpath not allowing for foot traffic to pass by? thus forcing them to use the road?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Doubt it tbh. Footpaths are pretty tall around there. Put people in a crowd and they start acting like cattle. Wandering out in front of traffic, ringing cowbells, making a low mooing noise. Tis all very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

MarkR wrote: »
    Doubt it tbh. Footpaths are pretty tall around there. Put people in a crowd and they start acting like cattle. Wandering out in front of traffic, ringing cowbells, making a low mooing noise. Tis all very strange.

Where's round there? The footpath on the road from Hassett's X towards Parteen was blocked with cars as were the footpaths in around Mayorstone and Greystones.

Thomond Park had no after match facilities and with the bad evening all the supporters were going to stream out onto the roadway at alomse the same time - the gardai knew this and should have put a traffic plan in place and that should have at least included no traffic from Hassetts X to the roundabout near LIT.
    Local residents should have been well aware of the match and should have timed their journey around this where possible if for no other reason but to save time.

To the other posters highlighting drivers parking without due respect to local residents all I can say is - Clampers, Block them in and or Tow Trucks, there is no excuse for this type of bad manners.

99er stop publicising F.F. at every oppertunity, people were walking before you were a bad tought in your great grandaddys head, just because you were driving down the road, does not give you the right to mow down people, do you have a full licence, are you over 25, can you think properly, what kinda car do you drive,

If you don't like my sig that's just tough. build a bridge and get over it. Not up for discussion here.

What has this got to do with my Grandad???

I didn't mow someone down, he clipped my wing mirror.

I have a full licence
    I'm a logical thinker
    I'm under 25
    I drive an Opel Astra since yesterday, before that I had a Corsa. I've been driving 2 years and before you go criticising someone for giving me a licence, did you buy yours or pass a driving test ;)
    MarkR wrote: »

There were cars parked both sides which meant very little room for me to manouver, however there was plenty of room to walk SINGLE FILE on the footpath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

do LIT open their carparks for the matches? it'd be a nice little goldmie, maybe then THE STUDENTS WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!

clonliffe college make a solid fortune from events in croker, they charge a tenner!

ninty9er wrote: »
    If you don't like my sig that's just tough. build a bridge and get over it. Not up for discussion here.

What has this got to do with my Grandad???

I didn't mow someone down, he clipped my wing mirror.

I have a full licence
    I'm a logical thinker
    I'm under 25
    I drive an Opel Astra since yesterday, before that I had a Corsa. I've been driving 2 years and before you go criticising someone for giving me a licence, did you buy yours or pass a driving test ;)

There were cars parked both sides which meant very little room for me to manouver, however there was plenty of room to walk SINGLE FILE on the footpath.

So you want 12,000 approx people to walk single file out from a match - dream on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Personally I actually agree with the OP. Any idiot who thinks walking in the middle of the road against oncoming traffic is a good idea deserves to get his balls roasted via car battery. Ditto any Munster fans for that matter.

Oh No he di-ant!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Why not just ban all traffic from the area like croker when there is a game or concert on thus letting the pedestrians disperse quicker

sioda wrote: »
    Why not just ban all traffic from the area like croker when there is a game or concert on thus letting the pedestrians disperse quicker

for the bigger games we need to have a resident's permit from the local Garda station to get onto surrounding roads, A park and ride would be best, but where the car-park would be is an entirely different matter. Personally I'd build one between Coonagh and Clonmacken that could be used by commuters too. My dad has to use the Condell road every morning coming from Shannon and to put it mildly the Shunnel will take about an hour off his journey every day round trip.

There'll be 3 to 6 big matches every year in the New TP and they'll be another 3 or 4 matches in Gaelic Grounds - can the gardai not devise a traffic plan to cater for the after match crowds?

Banning predestrians from the road is hardly the solution. Things may ease a bit with the tunnel but there still needs to be some plan.

phog wrote: »
    Things may ease a bit with the tunnel but there still needs to be some plan.

Which is completely lacking at the moment. Bannin cars from Coonage to Sarsfield Bridge and St. Munchin's Church may help somewhat, but that's a massive inconvenience to everyday users who aren't residents

i passed my driving test 1st time of asking, where can they be bought, if people were walking on the road then a driver needs to stop and let them pass, you are begining to sound a little like your leader, arragont.

i passed my driving test 1st time of asking, where can they be bought, if people were walking on the road then a driver needs to stop and let them pass, you are begining to sound a little like your leader, arragont.

I don't have a problem with stopping to let someone CROSS the road, but when they are walking along a roadway for CARS, then they are in the wrong, it would be like me driving on the footpath and complaining about the damn pedestrians that were getting in the way....I shouldn't be there in the first place.

Listen, you made this personal, so to take issue with either my politics or my personality is out of line here. You say asking?? Driving licences as I'm sure you are aware could be bought well into the 1960s. None of the 3 of my grandparents that drive ever passed a test. Maybe I'm just assuming the handel fits the person, my mistake, apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

TBH when there is a match on I stay clear of that area , if I have to go that way then I just put up with what ever inconvenience I encounter . It is a fairly common occurrence in Ireland for people to take over the footpath and the road on the way home from these occasions .

There aren't that many games in the year and when there are I try to be pleasant to the people coming here for them . It is good for the city and good for them to go back home after having a positive experience .

Advertisement