Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F***ing culchies!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

old boy wrote: »
    i passed my driving test 1st time of asking, where can they be bought, if people were walking on the road then a driver needs to stop and let them pass, you are begining to sound a little like your leader, arragont.

I thought cars had right of way on roads except for pedestrian crossings and intersections with no lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I would suggest calling the guards and advising that an unknown car is parked on your property if they are parked in your driveway. Ask them nicely to tow the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

How can the OP claim to be a logical thinker and also a FF voter?

There have been 3 homes games this season in Thomond, is that reallly such a huge, massive inconvienence to you, OP, or are you just a sour type who loves to complain at things that slightly bother you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

jonski wrote: »
    TBH when there is a match on I stay clear of that area
    Nice thought, but not practical as I live in the middle of the disaster and wanted to get home before there was an hour long queue outside the gate.

How can the OP claim to be a logical thinker and also a FF voter?
    How can you ask such a stupid question???:p:p and anyway, relevance??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I bet they were all waiting about for Deputy Peter Power's [FF] pre-election promised Light Rail System for Limerick City and its environs - http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=7814&category=Daily-Thu

Sorry to be off-topic :o

Getting right back on topic then; perhaps the people on the road were Green Party members who were just trying to get close to you to fawn around your ankles and generally agree with your plots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

in any city on this planet, that hosts a big game the same happens, seen it in england scotland wales france, ever been to a game at the giants stadium, ever seen the miami heat, they all have major subways near, to assume i bought a driving licence, well just because your grandparents bought them does not entitle you to paint all old people with the same brush, with your attitude there would be no need for judges and jurys,, also i do not need any advice on polatics, if i remember you got short shift on the motoring forum for trying to ram your views down peoples throats, this is my last comment on this thread, apolozies to any 1 i have offended, as i am 2 near the other side to be making any enemies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

in any city on this planet, that hosts a big game the same happens, seen it in england scotland wales france, ever been to a game at the giants stadium, ever seen the miami heat, they all have major subways near, to assume i bought a driving licence, well just because your grandparents bought them does not entitle you to paint all old people with the same brush, with your attitude there would be no need for judges and jurys,, also i do not need any advice on polatics, if i remember you got short shift on the motoring forum for trying to ram your views down peoples throats, this is my last comment on this thread, apolozies to any 1 i have offended, as i am 2 near the other side to be making any enemies

Do you honestly think that anyone in this country is capable of putting a subway anywhere?? They can barely decide where to put a traffic cone let alone plan a multi-million euro project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭okshea

Just wonderin OP with the tage line of this thread being 'F***ing culchies!!'.How did you know this adventerous fello walking in the middle of the road waz a fxxxing culchie was he hearding sum livestock in front of him?in the the process of marrying his cuz(damn stereotypes!) or cud he as easily have been from o i dont know lim city,cork city bla bla etc.Or are all urban dwellers strictly footpath dwellers??Just wonderin dude,btw i aint a culchie!!!:cool:

ninty9er wrote: »
    How can you ask such a stupid question???:p:p and anyway, relevance??

Easily, I lowered myself to be understood by someone of below average intelligence, or in other words, a FF voter.

It's not very relevant, I just think you could easily have parked your car and walked for 10 mins to get home and gone back for it later, rather than whining about people wanting to get out of the lashing rain as fast as possible. Limerick is a much better place because of HEC games, but you'll always get a few begrudgers.

• Advertisement

okshea wrote: »
    Just wonderin dude,btw i aint a culchie!!!:cool:

It was the hand movement he made at me, the one farmers use when herding cattle and sheep to tell traffic to slow down/stop

It's bothering me a bit though. If it had been a Landcruiser of BMW coming towards him, would he still have pushed passed or would he have moved in

@oldboy re: motors, I've made the majority of my posts, which number over 2500 at this stage, in the motors thread, so to say I "ram my ideas down people's throats" is another slur which I will refute. I express an opinion and if I hold it strongly enough I will continue to do so. It is inevitible that I will disagree with people in fora, just as they disagree with others, but just because I have a political party in my sig doesn't give anybody the right to be pig ignorant about it and accuse me of arguing more of in a different manner to any of the 80,000 plus members of boards.ie. Just like many people here express the opinion that a rational person could not support FF and say it many times over. Doesn't mean they're ramming it down my throat. Just means I'm getting to them:D:D

It's not very relevant, I just think you could easily have parked your car and walked for 10 mins to get home and gone back for it later, rather than whining about people wanting to get out of the lashing rain as fast as possible. Limerick is a much better place because of HEC games, but you'll always get a few begrudgers.

1. Where do you suggest I park my car?? in someone elses' driveway?? You've got to be kidding on that one. spaces....hen's teeth and all that jazz. Anyway why should I get soaked through so that some idiot can walk in the middle of the road where I should be driving.

2. I can put up with the parking inconvenience, but I refuse to believe that any normal person would consider me a begrudger for complaining about one bad pedestrian. Thomond Park is a great venue, my dad was even up there on Saturday and got completely soaked through. But it was all in the spirit of the game.

to the melody of Seven Drunken Nights

Well as I came home after the match, drunk as drunk could be, I saw a car outside the door where my aul car should be; so I calls the kids and I says to them, could you kindly tell to me, who onwns the car out in the drive, where my aul car should be.

Ah you're drunk now dad, you silly aul fool for to all tis plain to see, that there's no car out in the drive where your aul car... **hey Seánie....who owns the car in the driveway??**

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

2. I can put up with the parking inconvenience, but I refuse to believe that any normal person would consider me a begrudger for complaining about one bad pedestrian.

All this over ONE pedestrian , including the topic title , for something that geatly benefits the city . I guess I am not normal then .

Wow, all this whining over one person, doesn't make the OP look petty at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

ellenmelon wrote: »
    worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

I have a smaller one :D:D:D:D:D

but thanks for the thought

to quote a fabled bard, where ingorance is bliss tis folly to be wise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

A little off-topic, maybe, but I've had someone in Dublin speed up when I crossed a road in order to try and make me hurry, presumably. He's just lucky he didn't live near me, his car would have been in for quite a battering if I ever came across it again.

Fair enough, drivers have right of way on the road, but is it ok for them to threaten people's lives when that right isn't respected?
    (By the way, I'm not claiming you did, OP)

on another thread the o p says that he is an ard scoil boy, does that mean that
    he is a pimply faced youth who
    drives an opel astra
    strikes people who walk on the road while in contol of the said car
    calls munster supporters fxxxing culchies
    a one boy f.f publicity machine
    shops both sets of grand parents for buying driving licences
    accuses me of a crime, namely buying and using driving licences
    judgeing my the amount of posts he has on boards spent more time on line rather than studying
    has two points of view his own and f.f. which are actually one and the same

drives an opel astra
    judgeing my the amount of posts he has on boards spent more time on line rather than studying

Listen, the OP has established more than enough to show he's a little on the slow side, there's no need to keep hammering the poor guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Thats what the horn is for. I'd have blown the spanner off the road. Your within the speed limit, he seen you coming, he's a knob. Surely theres some rule that says you shouldn't be walking in the middle of the road holding up traffic.

Also, i don't think he's a "begrudger" because he complained about one idiot on the middle of the road. Its like anything, the Munster matches are fantastic, but they also bring out their fair share of idiots, like everything does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Thats what the horn is for. I'd have blown the spanner off the road. Your within the speed limit, he seen you coming, he's a knob. Surely theres some rule that says you shouldn't be walking in the middle of the road holding up traffic.

Just because he sees you coming doesn't mean you suddenly gain the right to clip him with your car. Yes, the guy is a knob and you would be well justified to blast him with the horn, lean out the window and call him a f***ing assh*ole.
    Actually making contact with him with your car, when you had plenty of time to react, is a different story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

This is true...its obviously wrong to actually make contact with him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

pwnd.
    pwnd by a boy.
    pwnd by an old boy.
    That's gotta hurt.

drives an opel astra

I stated; if you could read it properly; that I was an Ardscoil boy, not and ard scoil boy.

You should take your own advice on making assumptions and accusations. My Ardscoil times are behind me. Should we assume you have pimples because you have "boy" in your handel.

Are you becoming senile?? As I remember you told us a good number of posts that you wouldn't be making any more comments here.

I do have an FF view and a view of my own, which could often look like a Venn diagram if it were on paper. Fianna Fáil, much like any political party on the planet can't think as they are organisations and not people. The people within express views and majority rules. I express mine, which doesn't always go.

There was and still is not any law prohibiting the use of a licence bought before the introduction of the driving test, to which end you still haven't answered the question clearly. Maybe you should be a politician, your answers fit your own view of politicians.

And I'll have you know my Leaving Cert was quite a good one, above average for the time and well above what I required for what I'm currently doing. So before you go making accusations, LOOK IN THE MIRROR and ask what you ACTUALLY know about me

Your leaving cert can't have been that good, you're doing a "joke" course in UL.

(too far?)

I have a smaller one :D:D:D:D:D

but thanks for the thought

i was taking the piss out of you. as is everyone else in this thread.

ellenmelon wrote: »
    i was taking the piss out of you. as is everyone else in this thread.

Ssh, don't tell him, he seems oblivious to it so far. It's like watching the Office, you know it's not right to laugh, but somehow you can't help it.

Ssh, don't tell him, he seems oblivious to it so far. It's like watching the Office, you know it's not right to laugh, but somehow you can't help it.

sh!t! sorry :D;) its totally like that..and the whole "im laughing too so you're not laughing at me anymore, just with me"..

• Advertisement

as you get older, your school results become of lesser importance. im 23 now and its not like it comes up in everyday conversation. one girl i know manages to weasel it in every once and a while, like anyone actually cares. she's a know it all cow anyway.
    school exams that show how much you can cram do not maketh the man.

Advertisement