Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate that word

• 19-01-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Been Lurking for a while but I had to post my disgust at the language I have encountered on this forum, number one is the use of

CHILLAX

what a ****ing stupid word,

If there is any mods out there with the same opinion please consider asking the techy guys behind this site to set up some sort of filter that replaces this word when posted with a picture of a spoty teenage dope smoker.
    My eyes are beginning to bleed just thinking of this word

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Chillax man, it's just a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Bloody lurkers complaining and not contributing.
    OP you need to chill/relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Relax the body! I agree, it is a hateful word and users of such word should go and kick themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Bloody lurkers complaining and not contributing.
    OP you need to chill/relax

No bother dude, I have one guy on my ignore button already, hate that paper anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Be not so tense.

• Advertisement

cheridere wrote: »
    No bother dude, I have one guy on my ignore button already, hate that paper anyway

What paper???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What a legend of a first post :rolleyes:

Jackz wrote: »
    Be not so tense.

This reply has had a soothing effect on me ;-) still dislike THAT word

jimbo78 wrote: »
    What paper???
    The Mirror brother, not as clever as I thought, ;-(

lol what a filthy burn.

Pass the cream please?

• Advertisement

I really dont get it. What does the mirror got to do with anything?

EDIT:
    o yea . i get it :rolleyes: Cryptic

Apparently he dislikes me. I find this comes as no surprise, after all he started a thread to bitch about a word... :rolleyes:

So Cherie, what other words offend you? Just for future reference...

BTW, The Mirror is a quality read

Mirror wrote: »
    Apparently he dislikes me. I find this comes as no surprise, after all he started a thread to bitch about a word... :rolleyes:

A jest brother, I was trying to engratiate myself to my new friend/enemy/forum bedmates with a few clever remarks ( complete failure by the looks of it), I think I will re-register and try again under a new name
    G

And my handle has nothing to do with the paper. I can't read.

¬_¬

Ah not to worry. You must know though, if you lurk AH long enough that generally the first response to any thread will be the most obvious anti-OP option!

Mind you, while I'm not a fan of the word, I wouldn't bare a grudge. Life's too short!

A jest brother, I was trying to engratiate myself to my new friend/enemy/forum bedmates with a few clever remarks ( complete failure by the looks of it), I think I will re-register and try again under a new name
    G

Yea, try a second take. Let us know who you are so we can say hi

Oh come now, I don't think you've dug that deep yet!

It was lovely while it lasted, goodbye and goodnight fellow weekend posters,,, I hope work doesnt have the site blocked now I have become a poster of note ( to very few, but it is a start):p

Lots of love

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Jeez, chillax the cax man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Been Lurking for a while but I had to post my disgust at the language I have encountered on this forum, number one is the use of

CHILLAX

If there is any mods out there with the same opinion please consider asking the techy guys behind this site to set up some sort of filter that replaces this word when posted with a picture of a spoty teenage dope smoker.

G

I hate bad grammar. But you won't see me complaining. :)

relax about it, words are words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

relax about it, words are words

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Dude would be my least favorite word, and it's been mentioned once in this thread already *vomits*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

swap it around a bit, instead of chillax, relill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

what a crap word,

CHILLAX

G

*Notes name*

I am waiting for you to go nuts on another thread and then I will strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

CrazyTalk wrote: »
    Dude would be my least favorite word, and it's been mentioned once in this thread already *vomits*

Yeah i dislike that word myself and you'l never hear me saying it. Shower of comic loving star wars munching hooores. Another is when you hear muppets sticking an s at the end of a word.

Example when saying goodbye to a mate : Laters Johnners. Haha what a bunch of muppets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

chillax dudes... I don't mind either of those words. They say "bro" ALL the effing time here, I don't mind them saying it but I never say it myself. I think some of the posher kids in Dublin were saying "ledge" before I left, that was ridiculous...

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I think some of the posher kids in Dublin were saying "ledge" before I left, that was ridiculous...

Its a pity we couldnt throw a few of them of one:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Wow! What a really really nice sign off to a post.

Its a pity we couldnt throw a few of them of one:p
    It baffles me how you managed to type that sentence and still misuse the word 'of'.

:confused:

It baffles me how you managed to type that sentence and still misuse the word 'of'.

:confused:

The typing is the easy part, now grammer and spelling are a different kettle of fish. sorry if I offended your sensibilities darling. I will try harder to be correct.

The typing is the easy part, now grammer and spelling are a different kettle of fish. sorry if I offended your sensibilities darling. I will try harder to be correct.
    That's more like it. Thanks for complying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ah not to worry. You must know though, if you lurk AH long enough that generally the first response to any thread will be the most obvious anti-OP option!

Mind you, while I'm not a fan of the word, I wouldn't bare a grudge. Life's too short!

Before you criticise ,get it right yourself bro':rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'll get right on it.
    I just need to order the forms that enable me to order forms to order that C22 form that allows me propose a new form that would be filled in to request a change in the charter and from there it'd be plain sailing (And a brown envelope) to get an admin. to add it to the filter.
    Otherwise, feel free to wander over to Sys > Feedback and suggest it there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Word up.

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

[ ] Thread delivers

[x] Thread sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I can't stand when people misspell the word 'lose', it is not 'loose' people. You don't want to loose weight. Ugh it's so irritating, like nails on a chalkboard! Drives me crazy . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lazare wrote: »
    [ ] Thread delivers

[x] Thread sucks

:)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I can't stand when people misspell the word 'lose', it is not 'loose' people. You don't want to loose weight. Ugh it's so irritating, like nails on a chalkboard! Drives me crazy . . .
    Chillax girly.

Advertisement