Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smell in car

• 19-01-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Iv got a terrible smell in my car. Its almost like a burning smell. It happens whenever iv got the heating on or the window de-foger. Would anyone know what might be causing this? Or would it be expensive to fix. Iv got my nct up next month with my 98 fiesta. I want to know if its worth fixing it or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I know a man who had the same problem in a mazda 323...rank smell whenever he put the heating on... took out the dashboard and found a mummified mouse in the hot air ducting. There could be some kind of foreign body in your vent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 actionman85

Hi lisa i think this could be your clutch burning, not a mechanic but know a bit about cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Try opening the bonnet and look for smoke next time you get the smell, it could be an exhaust manifold leak getting into the cab. If it smells like smoke- I'd get it checked out sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Rory123 wrote: »
    I know a man who had the same problem in a mazda 323...rank smell whenever he put the heating on... took out the dashboard and found a mummified mouse in the hot air ducting. There could be some kind of foreign body in your vent?

+1

It could be anything. Any kids messing with the vents? They couldve shoved something down it. Many a time Ive found random sweets down vents!

antodeco wrote: »
    Many a time Ive found random sweets down vents!
    Off topic but that reminds me of when I was a kid and I found these mad crazy japanese sweets down in the bowels of the handbrake in my dad's imported Trooper. I felt like Indiana Jones :D:D:D... innocent times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Who else just thought of Mister Sparkle?

Me for one! :D
    mrsparklefresh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 actionman85

its the clutch, happens a lot with female drivers

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

lol!!!

Re the sweets: If they were original apple jacks or wham bars it would be so much better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Its a good excuse to go and visit that hot mechanic you posted about before :)

• Advertisement

oooo contraversial! That'll raise a few eyebrows I'm sure.

antodeco wrote: »
    lol!!!

Re the sweets: If they were original apple jacks or wham bars it would be so much better :D
    Maybe on a ford cortina or datsun prarie but hardly on a 94 trooper that was fresh from the backstreets of tokyo!!!
    They may take away our apple jacks and wham bars.... But they'll never take away our... ROY OF THE ROVERS!!!

Advertisement