Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A&F shipping costs.

• 19-01-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hey im thinking of ordering some A&F stuff but am wondering what are the extra costs like?

An ideas how much the shipping costs are and what kinda tax they charge you?

All info appreciated!

=]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Shipping is fairly expensive but very quick.
    Expect to get stung by a customs bill about a month later. I was caught for about 50 or 60 euro.
    Its not worth the hassle IMO.
    Ebay is much better if you can buy from a reputable seller. Be careful of fakes on ebay though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

For tax, multiply the cost of the clothes and shipping (convert to euro) by 13.5%, then add that on and multiply the total by 21% to get the tax you'll have to pay, then add on a e5-15 charge by the delivery charge for administration of the tax charge.

I think that's how it's worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Fedex paid the tax for me so I am not going to bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they will come looking for it in 2/3months time.

they pay the charges for you just so they can add an administration charge on top of it and also to get your goods passed customs as quick as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Cremo wrote: »
    they will come looking for it in 2/3months time.

they pay the charges for you just so they can add an administration charge on top of it and also to get your goods passed customs as quick as possible.

Oh they are looking for it, apparently I have an account with them, but hey I didn't ask them to pay it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Cheers guys!

=]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I got two tops that were like 40e each and the delivery cost was meant to be $50 but on the bill then it was $83. So watch out for that. Still worked out cheaper than if I had bought them over in London they are twice the price of US online ones. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Jackz wrote: »
    Oh they are looking for it, apparently I have an account with them, but hey I didn't ask them to pay it. :p

I tried that. I ended up paying after the third solicitors letter. Seriously!

Advertisement