Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox and conecting ipods to it

• 19-01-2008 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Tried to attach my ipod to my Xbox today and it connected fine and then went to click on the songs and a red icon came over where the time of the song.

Now I never tried to connect it to the Xbox as I only got my ipod and songs and all the files back and set up again.
    My brother has a Zen and it worked for him, and I assumed the ipod would too but it said something about the ipod needing an update. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

There's something you have to download to play AAC songs on the 360. If you're connected to live, when you try and play it should give you the option to download the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

There's something you have to download to play AAC songs on the 360. If you're connected to live, when you try and play it should give you the option to download the update.

Ya see that's the problem im not so is there ANY other way to get around this. I mean it's not urgent as in fairness i can play the songs off it with a docking station but I was told you could and in fairness I was looking forward to it but sure I won't lose sleep over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't think it's possible without Live. i think you can play mp3's from the iPod so that could be something you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Don't think it's possible without Live. i think you can play mp3's from the iPod so that could be something you do?
    Ah sure no bother. It's not as if its essential to enjoy the Xbox to have that, but cheers for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bring it over to a friend/relative who has broadband, its a free download and pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

If you go down the road of bringing it to a friend or relatives house who has broadband make sure you bring your whole console,not just your hard drive to download it onto.

Quote: from xbox.com
    The codec you download will be unique to your console,it will not accompany you, for instance, if you move your gamer profile to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit to play at a friend's house.

Advertisement