Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding photo's

Options
  • 19-01-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

Hey. I'm getting married in Athboy in June. Myself and the future wife were just wondering if there is anywhere in the locality that would be good for photographs? Any suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

If you are having your wedding in the Old Darney Lodge, the gardens out the back are perfect for pictures.

That is where most couples get their main pictures taken and at the church/reg office of course too.

Good luck on the big day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

If you get the weather and you're passing through, the castle in Trim makes a great backdrop too. I've seen a lot of newly married couples taking pictures there. This is a picture I took last Summer to give you an idea, and the grassy area is huge so you can take in as much or as little of the castle behind as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Archeron wrote: »
    If you get the weather and you're passing through, the castle in Trim makes a great backdrop too. I've seen a lot of newly married couples taking pictures there. This is a picture I took last Summer to give you an idea, and the grassy area is huge so you can take in as much or as little of the castle behind as you like.

Nice picture Archeron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

If the weather was good, I suppose the Hill of ward would be a lovely place for photos. It's the highest point for 7 miles so there are beautiful views from all around - you can see the Wicklow mountains and, apparently the Mourne mountains (on a VERY clear day).
    By the way, congratulations and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thaks for the suggestions guys. We're actually having the receptoin in the Old Darnley so looking forward to some nice pics there. Please pray the weather will be nice!! We're having the ceremony in a place called Drewstown House, if any of ye know it. Beautiful scenery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement