Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillary takes Nevada..!

Options
  • 19-01-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Every Republicans nightmare just took another step closer to coming true with Hillary's sound victory in Nevada. Despite Ob trying to sully the dmeocratic process by allowing some employees vote in their place of work in the prospect of those voters favouring him.

The momentum is gathering behind the Clinton express now...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

"Every Republican's nightmare?"

Dude, maybe you don't hang around many right-wing sites, but by and large they think they have a better chance of beating Hillary than Obama.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Tommy T

"Every Republican's nightmare?"

Dude, maybe you don't hang around many right-wing sites, but by and large they think they have a better chance of beating Hillary than Obama.

NTM

Thats the propaganda spin GOP HQ has been feeding us for a year now.

In my view they've thrown all the muck they can at her already and she's still at the forefront with the Big Mo from this Nevada win.

All she needs is 50%+1 of the electoral College against whoever the Reps choose.

They know thats possible and thats why they fear her over the untested Ob...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

As it happens, Obama won Nevada on what counts anyway, 13 delegates to 12.
    All she needs is 50%+1 of the electoral College against whoever the Reps choose.

They know thats possible and thats why they fear her over the untested Ob....

Which is exactly the same number as Obama needs, or McCain or whoever.

The untested Ob does have a serious advantage over Hillary in that he has not developed an anti-fan base. Hillary is extremely polarising, and the GOP is relying on it.

NTM

As it happens, Obama won Nevada on what counts anyway, 13 delegates to 12.

Which is exactly the same number as Obama needs, or McCain or whoever.

The untested Ob does have a serious advantage over Hillary in that he has not developed an anti-fan base. Hillary is extremely polarising, and the GOP is relying on it.

NTM

The delegate numbers of 13 to 12 are not that important at this stage as the victory in the popular vote for Hillary, despite Ob having the unfair advantage of his supporters being allowed vote in the place where they work, gives her a huge psychological advantage as going into Tsunami Tuesday Ob can at best tie on State count.

It's true that Hillary has a solid 'anti' vote among Americans but her 'pro' vote is more solid and larger than the anti one hence maikng her more than electable...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

The results for the republicans in Nevada are interesting.
    Romney won. Ron Paul was second. Romney got 95% of the vote from the 25% Mormons in the state. Ron Paul won with the "no religion" group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's true that Hillary has a solid 'anti' vote among Americans but her 'pro' vote is more solid and larger than the anti one hence maikng her more than electable...

Why do the polls say otherwise then?

What I love about Democrats and Republicans in America is that right now McCain is the only republican who wins any general head to head polls, while between Clinton and Obama, Clinton is the only one who loses any of them. We all know the Republicans are gona end up with McCain because they are practical, but the Democrats will probably nominate Clinton. It's great to see that even with a massive lead over the Republicans, the democrats can still do everything in their power to **** it up as they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hillary may be potentially polarising but as she showed in NH (tears aside) she can change message. Again assuming that she does maintain momentum I would expect her to "adopt" some of the Obama message. It's damned attractive and would serve to humanise her a bit more. Assuming that she gets the nomination, I think that she can do enough to see off the GOP candidate. The only unknown on the GOP side at this moment, is Giuliani, although it looks as if he made a boob, by concentrating exclusively on Florida.

PHB wrote: »
    Why do the polls say otherwise then?

What I love about Democrats and Republicans in America is that right now McCain is the only republican who wins any general head to head polls, while between Clinton and Obama, Clinton is the only one who loses any of them. We all know the Republicans are gona end up with McCain because they are practical, but the Democrats will probably nominate Clinton. It's great to see that even with a massive lead over the Republicans, the democrats can still do everything in their power to **** it up as they always do.

Hillary is the only candidate to withstand the Reps dirt machine. Herself and Bill will be just too much for the aging but respectable McCain...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Definitely think democrats have a better chance of winning with a man. Half black or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tommy T wrote: »
    Every Republicans nightmare just took another step closer to coming true with Hillary's sound victory in Nevada. Despite Ob trying to sully the dmeocratic process by allowing some employees vote in their place of work in the prospect of those voters favouring him.

The momentum is gathering behind the Clinton express now...

trying to sully the democratic process? lol
    it was completely legal what happened, and it was proposed by the Clinton campaign before the Culinary Union endorsed Obama, at which point, groups connected to the Clintons lodged a lawsuit against it from happening.
    thankfully the judge threw it out as it was a ridiculous lawsuit, and what happened was completely above board.

sorry to break it to you. i know you've been so caught up with Hilary, but please try to not be so willfully ignorant in future.

oh, and Republicans worst nightmare? bwhahaahahaahaha. oh dear. pass the KoolAid....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

it was completely legal what happened, and it was proposed by the Clinton campaign before the Culinary Union endorsed Obama, at which point, groups connected to the Clintons lodged a lawsuit against it from happening.
    thankfully the judge threw it out as it was a ridiculous lawsuit, and what happened was completely above board.

sorry to break it to you. i know you've been so caught up with Hilary, but please try to not be so willfully ignorant in future.

oh, and Republicans worst nightmare? bwhahaahahaahaha. oh dear. pass the KoolAid....

thanks for the kool aid BILL

Mark my words dude. Hillary is 100% teflon when it comes to the Republican dirt machine. Has been for the last decade. More importantly the Reps know this hence their panic driven attacks during the FL debate on NBC on Thursday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If Hilary wins, I wonder if I can get an internship to the oval office? Talking about smoke filled rooms with Bill about...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I think if Obama wins the nomination he will be President, but if Hilary does then it will be Republican for the next 4 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

If Hilary wins, I wonder if I can get an internship to the oval office? Talking about smoke filled rooms with Bill about...;)

Durty.

Tommy T wrote: »
    Mark my words dude. Hillary is 100% teflon when it comes to the Republican dirt machine. Has been for the last decade. More importantly the Reps know this hence their panic driven attacks during the FL debate on NBC on Thursday.

for the last 10 years she hasn't done anything except play the supportive wife after she couldn't keep her husband in check, and then cynically made a move into the senate through New York to help springboard her presidential bid.
    Hilary has far more dirt than Obama or Edwards. the difference is, she's just as much a scumbag as the republicans when it comes to dirty tricks. see: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/23/164530/670

jhegarty wrote: »
    I think if Obama wins the nomination he will be President, but if Hilary does then it will be Republican for the next 4 years...

depends on which Republican really. McCain would probably win against Clinton, maybe Romney, none of the rest could IMO. McCain would be the only one to give Obama a close race, but i'd say Obama would take it in the end.
    Edwards doesn't have a hope any which way.

for the last 10 years she hasn't done anything except play the supportive wife after she couldn't keep her husband in check, and then cynically made a move into the senate through New York to help springboard her presidential bid.
    Hilary has far more dirt than Obama or Edwards. the difference is, she's just as much a scumbag as the republicans when it comes to dirty tricks. see: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/23/164530/670

I wouldn't agree with the term scumbag but agree 100% with your analysis with the fact that if in the trenches she can give the Reps as good as she gets from them. Thats why they fear her far more than Obama...

Advertisement